Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fun Sized Movie Treats (Part 16)



Part two of today's two-parter.


Lunch Meat (1987)


This one sneaked under my radar somehow.

Maybe I saw the box at video stores back in the day, and I didn't bother asking for it, because it was too intense...but...my intuition is the stores in Maine were too wussy to buy it.
Cuz, I don't remember it at all.

I became aware of it through "Adjust Your Tracking", which references both this, and "The Deadly Spawn", as well as featuring the characters of both in its cover art.

Which is one of the reasons they're a two-parter together.

Anyway, the flick...

It's essentially the exact plot of the original "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
College kids vs cannibal rednecks.
Minus the chainsaws.
And the foot chases are all outdoors.
And the good guys aren't retarded.
But neither are the bad guys.
And the gore is more visual, but so was "TTCM2".
But, this one still had that creepy found home movie feel to it.
And it's got unique twists and turns that set it apart from TTCM1.
But overall, yeah, it is kind of a clone, but it's a well done one.

You won't love it, I struggle with if I even like it, but...it's an interesting little piece of cinema history.
You will find entertainment, even if ironically.
It's not boring.

Best of all, it's got a nifty theme song that'll ear-worm on ya.
Linky!


Good luck finding it though. (:-P


Next up, another double header, this time, some REAL "based on a true story".

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels