Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fun Sized Movie Treats (Part 1)



"Ooo! Piece of candy!".
-James Woods.

From Monday's post.

Up next, in a crapload of days, Halloween.
I'll try to find something to put up between now and then though.

Well, it finally hit me.

Little bite-sized quickie reviews.
Then, I have something for every day until Halloween, and I don't have to kill myself.
Also, make as many as possible shit I've already seen.
That'll save brain calories and sanity too.
But, for today, a new one.
I actually saw it a couple days ago.


Final Girl (2015)


Mentioned it before in 80's slashers.

*Wavey hand* meh.
The critics were right.

I mean, it's decent, you'll be entertained as you watch it, but it doesn't stay with you.
The girl takes out the bad guys, and her plan goes to plan.
There's no twists, or turns, or complications, or character development that would come from those things.
No memorable lines either.
It's just "here's the scenario, watch it happen".
It's a nifty scenario, nice little revenge fantasy, but...meh.

If you want a really awesome, scary, tense girl-power revenge story, "Hard Candy", can't be beat.
Watch that instead.

"The Final Girls", comes out this Friday, and has to be better.
Hope I can get my hands on it.

Okay, that's it.
Gotta keep it bite-sized.


Next up...my lips are zipped. ;-)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels