Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Movies I was waiting for- Part 3!

As I said in part 2...

All righty then.
That's the time capsule for 2016, following after the first in 2010.
I'll update this in another 6 years.

Screw waiting, the changes are coming too fast now.
Here we go...


Star Wars



Force Awakens came out, Rogue One came out, "The Last Jedi", is on its way in less than a month, so we're three into the new series, and it'll never stop.
Next one after TLJ is Han Solo.
Hell, trilogy three is even lined up.
And, I don't hate the prequels anymore.

So, Star Wars and my relationship to it are both good.
Indeed, my relationship to the 90's in general is way better.


Freddy & Jason


"Slash Of The Titans", came out, but besides my excitement for that, I've thrown in the towel on those franchises.
If Paramount and New Line refuse to care, why should I?


Alien & Predator


Same thing, after Covenant, I'm done.
If the creator of the Aliens can't deliver the goods, and wants to abandon them in favor of androids if he magically got more sequels, why should I care anymore?


DC Superheroes



"Suicide Squad", "Wonder Woman", and "Justice League", have all come out, and I enjoyed them
And I did a recap of the whole series so far.
Whether this series will continue, no one knows.
Oh, if it all died right now, there'll be DC hero movies again.
They'll never abandon those cash cows.

But, that's to worry about later.
All the DC movies that were promised way back in the 90's have happened.
Mission accomplished.
We're all good here.

Oh, right, and the "Batman Triumphant", comic rumor was total bullshit.
But who cares anymore?


Evil Dead


The TV show is still going.
Season 3 is taking its sweet fucking time getting here.
But, that's a first world problem.
I'm grateful that the thing even exists.
That alone is as close to a miracle as you can get.
If they cancelled it right now, my Evil Dead craving has been fulfilled 20 times over.
I'm satisfied. Anything else is greedy refills as the soft-serve machine.
Another mission accomplished.


Ghostbusters



"Ghostbusters: Answer The Call", came out, its a year old now, I loved it, but it didn't do so hot at the box office, so we aren't getting theatrical sequels, but the comics have taken up the slack on that with "Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers The Call", and "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call: What Dreams May Come".
So at least we're getting new stories in some medium.

An animated film from a ghost's point of view is in development.
We'll see if that ever happens.
After the 27 year wait for ATC, I'm not gonna hold my breath anymore.
It happens when it happens.


George Romero


He died. :-(

The only thing carrying his legacy on right now is "The Walking Dead".
I think that's all we'll get.
Well, that's not a bad consolation prize.
I'll take it.


Star Trek


"Star Trek Beyond", came out, was excellent, but under-performed.
"Star Trek Discovery", came out, is on its mid-season break until January, and is glorious, and actually doing well.
So, Trek is finally back, and in good shape, even if the movies are in doubt.
Oh, and also "The Orville", is a thing.
A good thing!
Hooray!


Godzilla

*Sigh*
I don't care.
I'll be 50 by the time they complete their stupid cinematic universe.
It's too long to wait for monsters kicking over buildings.
And I wasn't even super thrilled with the first Godzilla, and I heard "Kong: Skull Island", was "blah", too.
I'm more interested in "Rampage", cuz at least that looks like it'll be a comedy take on the material.
I can't take the genre seriously anymore.
With a fascist oligarch president poking North Korea in the eye, world devastation isn't cute anymore.
I can only deal with it as parody.

Anyway, fuck it, here's the "Rampage", poster.


There you go.


Troma

Fuck 'em, I'm done waiting.
I've got my DVD collection of the old ones.
That'll keep me happy.
It's about my childhood memories anyway.
They'll never top Toxie 1.
That was lightning in a bottle.


So, that's all that.
If/when I do another update, I'll just do Star Wars, DC, Trek, Evil Dead, Ghostbusters, and that's all.
I mean, you can damned well bet Toxie 5 still won't be made.
Okay, MAYBE "Scream, Queen", will drop for a Freddy update.
If anything unexpected happens for any of these, I'll of course add it in.

When I was monitoring future movies as a kid in the 90's, the MCU wasn't a thing yet.
I never could have dreamed of it.
That's why it's not in these.

But, anyway, for the most part, 90's-Me's geeky movie dreams have come true.
Time to make a list of new dreams, I guess.
Hmm, that might be a good sequel idea....I'll think about it...


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels