- Part 1 (Civil War)
- Part 2 (Civil War)
- Part 3 (Apocalypse)
- Part 4 (Ghostbusters)
- Part 4.5 (Ghostbusters)
- Part 4.75 (Ghostbusters)
It ain't "Nine Lives". :-P
Suicide Squad (2016)
Previously with the DCEU...
How are we doing?
In my opinion, fucking great.
I've been steadily entertained.
I think MoS and the Ultimate Cut of BvS are outright fucking masterpieces.
I marathon-ed them a few days ago, and they're even better back-to-back where you can see all the little ways they connect.
How does this one stack up?
- Loved it. It's fucking great.
- As with BvS, the issues some are crying about didn't bother me one microscopic little bit.
- Fuck the critics, they're being dicks again. Oh, I'm not buying into conspiracy theories, or any of that stupid horseshit. I'm just saying, if you wanted to see this, go see it, and ignore everything else. It's noise.
- Is it perfect? Nah. Is it the greatest movie ever made? No, but it's not supposed to be. It's just a fun time at the movies, and if you let yourself, you'll come out entertained.
- People are complaining about the songs. Didn't bother me, in fact, can't wait for the soundtrack.
- People are complaining about the villain, I thought they blew it way out of proportion.
- Is the central plot the best? Nah, in fact, I can see a lot of similarity to "X-Men:Apocalypse". But, SS does it better than XM:A. IMHO.
- The cast is great. You'll love them all. Harley, Joker, and El Diablo are the standouts.
- Captain Boomerang was a standout too, but we didn't get as much of him. Everything he did mattered though.
- Will Smith really brought it!! Hey! Wow! Fuckin-a, man! *Thumbs up*
- Box-office has been good, so for sure, we're getting Suicide Squad 2, and Harley spinoff.
- Stay for the mid-credits for a Justice League teaser.
- Yes, this picks up right after BvS. They're going chronological until Wonder Woman.
- I hope there's an extended cut for Blu-Ray, but if not, I could totally live with this cut.
- Could use the deleted Joker stuff though.
- I'd rank them so far- BvS, MoS, SS.
- I'd rank the Jokers- Ledger, Leto, Nicholson.
- Theater going experience was smooth. Got my favorite seat, no one was a dick.
- Weather sucks though. Oppressive heat, air you could cut with a knife.
- Um...that's it!
Yep, go see it.
Unless you felt burnt by the previous two outings, then....I'm not sure if this will turn you around.
It might, I dunno.
Give it a shot.
Don't be a pussy.
I think Wonder Woman will be the one to stick the landing with critics.
Not that I care intellectually, or morally, but their fat yappers did take a bite out of BvS, so they still have power.
If Justice League lives up to the Comicon footage, they'll finally hit as hard as Avengers like they wanted.
I think it will.
I think their plan to do the crossovers and team-ups before the standalones was misguided, but it'll even out after JL anyway.
Here's to WW and JL next year!
I'm fucking jazzed for it!
Next time, Star Trek Beyond!