Sunday, November 12, 2017

Chicken chips!!!!



As I said in "I don't h8 the 90's anymore (Part 9)", about my 1995 Nova Scotia trip...

They've got better chip flavors up there.
Roast chicken was awesome.
It tasted like stuffing spice, and chicken grease.
*Drool*
They also had a gravy flavor.
Mix the gravy with the chicken, and holy fuckballs!
*Drool, gurgle, splash*

Well, as you can see from the graphic, our local chip company, Humpty Dumpty, just added chicken back to the menu!!
And it's as good as I remember!!

They were bought out by a Canadian conglomerate over 5 years ago, but its taken this long to get their flavors.
Probably won't be getting "gravy fries", cuz that's totally a Canada thing.

Ah well, I'll take chicken.

Now, if we could just get a bookstore within a 5 minutes driving distance, I'll have all the things.
Local places have fish n' chips now, so all I'm missing from the New Hampshire/Shady Dave/Weathervane/Nova Scotia experience in daily life is washing it all down with new comics and movies.

I mean, I can get it all online, but physically having it, I still can't let go of that yet.
That's going to be my one old-fogey thing.

There's Bullmoose, but it's 20-30 minutes of driving, and wondering if this time is the time traffic kills me.
If it were local, and I could just take a couple turns, and I'm there, fucking sweet.

Anyway, yeah, chicken chips.
I'll retro-link this in 90's 9.

3 comments:

B. D. said...

Nice to see that back...there was a new "Crispy Taco" flavor of Lays that was, like, immediately disappeared. "Truffle Fries" from a few years ago was good. But the Cheesy Fries Pringles disappeared too. RIP

Diacanu said...



I never got to try any of those experimental Ruffles flavors.
I heard "truffle fries", was awesome.

I still miss "butter & herbs", Pringles.

Oh, forgot to mention, Humpty Dumpty also has "holiday ham".
Y'know, when you want the flavor of ham and pineapple with a dash of mustard, but portable.
Y'know, for the movie theater.


B. D. said...

Coming soon, my report on salted caramel Pepsi and Holiday Mountain Dew. Both sure to be terrible, I'll bet!!!

Remember Slice soda? They had an APPLE flavor. I'd give anything for THAT to come back!!

Blog Archive

Labels