Monday, November 20, 2017

Ranking Star Wars so far (2017)


Previously-


It occurred to me yesterday, we're 8 movies deep, and it's already getting harder to rank the new ones without a list, so I should do these too.
Here we go...














1. The Empire Strikes Back

Still the gold standard of the whole saga.
Yet to be equaled or topped.
We'll see what surprises and twists "The Last Jedi", has in store.













2. Rogue One

Not only is this good as itself, but it enhances "A New Hope".
You can marathon them as one big movie (and I have), and it's fucking incredible.













3. A New Hope

The original that set it all off.
Even with the Special Edition bullshit, it still holds up.













4. The Force Awakens

I wish I could have this in a tie with ANH, but lists don't work that way.













5. Return Of The Jedi

I am not on the hipster bandwagon that hates on this film.
Back in the day when there was just the three, I have this behind ANH by a tick's pubic hair.
With the new ones added, they're atoms apart.
Until we get to the prequels...













6. Revenge Of The Sith

I've got all three of these linked to my updated reviews.
I don't hate these.
I never did. I convinced myself I loved them in the theater, I defended them up until I got the DVDs.
I threw in the towel defending them after Red Letter Media did their things.
Now I'm back around full circle to fuck you, they're the weaker of the series, but I'll take them over real bad movies, like fucking "50 Shades", or "Me Before You", or the latest Kevin Sorbo abomination. If you rate the prequels alongside that shit, your brain is damaged, and you need to have cutlery removed from you.













7. Attack Of The Clones

Ditto.













8. The Phantom Menace

Ditto.


See you next time for "The Last Jedi", and "Solo: A Star Wars Story", and we'll see where they rank.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels