- Part 0 (Ghostbusters)
- Part 0.5 (Ghostbusters)
- Part 1 (Ash)
- Part 1.5 (Ash)
- Part 2 (Dr. Strange)
- Part 2.5 (Dr. Strange)
- Part 3 (Batman:ROTCC)
Let's not dick around, it's Star Wars.
A Star Wars Story (2016)
- I Love Star Wars
- The Force Awakens (1,2,3,4)
- Happy fifth observed Star Wars day.
- Star Wars: Rogue One poster!
Again, as with last time, no spoilers.
Quickie version, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
- Star Wars came back with Force Awakens, and it's still back.
- Personally, and this is just me, better than Force Awakens.
- The first awesome prequel!!!!! The curse is broken!!!!
- Still fresh off the buzz, but in this moment, I'd rank 'em...5,R1,4,7,6,3,2,1.
- Chock full of Easter eggs for the longtime SW geek.
- A true prequel, meshes right up to ANH.
- You will never watch ANH the same way ever again.
- You will want to slap in your DVD/Blu-Ray of ANH the second you make it home.
- Did I mention "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!"?? I did? Good.
- Now..the nitpicky shit...
- No opening crawl. I got over it quick. I figure, this movie goes inside the opening crawl to ANH.
- No John Williams, and no familiar themes until the credits music. The score is good, once you're caught up in the movie, you're fine. I can see others not liking the new composer's style, but whatever. I thought it was Star Wars flavored. John Williams is classic green Mountain Dew, and this was new purple Mountain Dew. Either way, you're getting some core Dew in there.
- Title cards for planets. That's new.
- Best character? All the critics are saying it, but K-2SO, easily.
- All the human characters are great too, you'll fall in love with them, especially Jyn, Cassian, and Chirrut.
- Now for almost-spoilers. You won't understand until you see it, so I'm not really telling anything...
- A classic ANH baddie shows up in CG form...and...uncanny valley. Not as bad as Snoke, but..yeah. I can forgive it though.
- Odd though, because a classic ANH goodie also shows, up, and they nailed that one.
- Vader is thinly sprinkled, but boy, do they ever make him count!!
- Expands the SW mythos with ideas that were in Lucas's original drafts, and that have been in the novels, but now they're onscreen canon. I ate that shit up like Halloween candy.
- Definitely have to see it at least one more time.
- My first movie in a long time I went to at night. Circumstances demanded it.
- Wasn't crowded at all.
- Had to sit in the back though. Some dudes had my favorite spot. Oh well, it was a good view.
- Ride back was sweet, barely any traffic. Lights were quick, or on my side.
- Now, to go watch all the Youtube spoiler reviews, and Easter-egg videos I've been accumulating.
- So, yeah, if you haven't seen it yet, you better have a damned good excuse. SEE IT NOW!!!
Hmm, yeah, I think that's rambled on long enough.
Next time, this at least once more, then Logan!!