And we start off with actual theater movies for a change with....
Doctor Strange (2016)
Previously on MCU phase 3...
Captain America: Civil War (first time, second time)
Now, for the rundown.
- Really dug it.
- Visuals and effects are incredible.
- The cast is excellent.
- Tilda Swinton stole the movie.
- Origin story is a bit stock, but the third act makes up for any of that.
- Humor was good, and lightly sprinkled in.
- The theme song is my new jam.
- "Civil War", felt more like the wind down to phase 2, and this felt like the real beginning to phase 3.
- Same happened for the transition to phase 2. "Winter Soldier", was the real start of phase 2. "Iron Man 3", was the wind down, and "Thor: The Dark World", was a glorified sneak preview.
- Like everyone else, I'd put it in "Ant-Man", and "Guardians", territory, with "Civil War", "Winter Soldier", and original "Avengers", being at the tippy-top.
- I went too early, place was packed, and a stupid bitch brought her toddlers, and let them run around, and scream their guts out. Didn't ruin it for me, it wasn't constant, but it was aggravating, and made me miss lines of dialogue. Don't take babies to these, they're PG-13, and if you take babies, fucking tend to them. Well, she can't read this, and if she was ignorant enough to do it, lectures would fall on deaf ears anyway.
- Because of the above, I have to go see it again. I'll wait a week for the people to die down a bit.
- Well, I went early so some idjit on the net wouldn't spoil it for me. Star Wars and Marvel are hard to stay spoiler-free on.
- Didn't get my ideal seat, but I had an okay view.
- Drive time was uneventful for a change.
So, yeah, go see it.
But wait a bit.
Let the morons and assholes go first.
Or, go on a school day.
Next, this again, and then Rogue One!