Ahhh, lovely, that time of year again...
That was quick.
So, welcome back to this spot on the Earth's revolution.
One of my favorite cosmic hangout spots.
Thanks for joining me.
It's Halloween again, and the first anniversary of last year's shindig.
"Monsters Who's Who".
I own that book. Handed down to me from my uncles.
A treasured childhood possession indeed.
It had all the classic monsters, monsters of ancient myth, some other movie monsters, dinosaurs, some comic book villains, and some Marvel superheroes that were the counter to those villains.
So....it's kinda like my En-Mike-lopedia.
(And, throwing in that link absorbs that in. Full circle)
Anyhoo, this thing was up to date to about...1970...roundabouts.
Latest bad-guy it had was HAL from "2001: A Space Odyssey".
So, this year, I've redone and updated that sucker, haven't I?
Just gotta slap the cover on it, ope, just did. ;-)
Anyway, here's the compilation to make that easy to flip through....
- Halloween Two!!
- Dracula-thon (Part 1)
- Dracula-thon (Part 2)
- Dracula-thon (Part 3)
- Dracula-thon (Part 4)
- Dracula-thon (Part 5)
- Dracula-thon (Part 6)
- Dracula-thon (Part 7)
- Dracula-thon (Part 8)
- Dracula-thon (Part 8.5)
- Dracula-thon (Part 9)
- Dracula-thon (Part 10)
- Franken-fest (Part 1)
- Franken-fest (Part 2)
- Franken-fest (Part 3)
- Franken-fest (Part 4)
- Franken-fest (Part 5)
- Franken-fest (Part 6)
- Franken-fest (Part 7)
- Werewolf-wingding (Part 1)
- Werewolf-wingding (Part 2)
- Werewolf-wingding (Part 3)
- Welcome to the monster cluuub!
- Bud and Lou crash the party.
- Baby-Boom Beastie Bash.
- Slacker-age Slashers Shindig! The second!
- Slacker-age Slashers Shindig! The second! (Addendum)
- Beelzebub-blowout! (Part 1)
- Beelzebub-blowout! (Part 2)
- Beelzebub-blowout! (Part 3)
- Beelzebub-blowout! (Part 4)
- Godzilla-gala (Part 1)
- Godzilla-gala (Part 1.5)
- Godzilla-gala (Part 2)
- Godzilla-gala (Part 3)
Any one of those would make a great Halloween post, but dammit, I'm giving you the whole thing!
S'how nice I am!
What else did we have last year?
Oh, right, a song marathon.
We had 13 last time, see if we can hit that this year...
- Dracula musical from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".
- Iced Earth- Dracula.
- Best song from "Mad Monster Party".
- Vampire Hunter D credits song.
- Ill Nino- How Can I Live. (You're damned right ;-))
- Rocky Horror Picture Show- Superheroes.
- Oingo Boingo-Weird Science.
- Edgar Winter Group- Frankenstein.
- Alice Cooper- Feed My Frankenstein.
- Warren Zevon- Werewolves Of London.
- Sam The Sham And The Pharaohs- Little Red Riding Hood.
- Creedence Clearwater Revival- Bad Moon Rising.
- Mike & The Mechanics- Silent Running.
- Pretty Things- Welcome To The Monster Club. (skip to 3:05)
- Drimble Wedge & The Vegetations- Bedazzled.
- Fantasia- Night On Bald Mountain.
- Hanna Barbera- Godzilla.
- Blue Oyster Cult- Godzilla.
- Bobby Pickett & Peter Ferrera- King Kong (your song).
- Bow Wow Wow- King Kong.
- ABBA- King Kong Song.
Ah, yes, cracked 21 that time, much better!
So, that's more than enough goodies for ya.
You'll likely have no appetite for supper.
Well, don't tattle on me.
So, as I said last time...
And a happy new candy! :-D
Next year, Masters Of Horror!