Monday, December 14, 2009

Things that don't give me nightmares #6.

The good channels.



OvationTV.
Not so dippy about the ballet crap, but the documentaries are usually cool, especially when they do animators, or authors, or comics people.
And every couple months, there's an anime marathon.
Sweet.

Good ol' reliable PBS.
When I was a kid, it was easily as geeky-cool as Ovation.
Well, they still have Nova, Charlie Rose, and everything by Ken Burns, so, that's something.


C-Span-2.
A lot on here that's boring, or makes me mumble at the TV, and work up an acid stomach, and the seeds of a headache in my eyebrows, y'know, given it's mostly about Washington and stuff, and as you may know, politics gives me the heebie-jeebies.

BUT, they have authors on, sometimes in huge unrelenting marathons, and that kicks ass.
I could watch that shit all day.
Well, sometimes I do. :P



History.
Okay, as I've ranted elsewhere, they have WAY too much UFO, ghost, Bible, and conspiracy shit on here lately.
But, when they have actual history on, they're still fucking great.
Despite the crap, I'd still rather they exist than not.

And of course, there's the channels that the sprinkle of other good shows are on.

But for channels that you can usually run to, and find something watchable, these are pretty dependable.
At least for me.
YMMV.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels