Monday, December 4, 2017

Superheroes Seven.


All righty, let's just get this done...

First, last year's-

Superheroes Six.


Now, as I said here...

I don't wanna do these anymore at all.
I need to get these monkeys off my back once and for all.
They served their purpose, time to move on.
I'll observe Halloween and Christmas, and I'll always keep the archive of these old ones up,

So, this will just compile the last "all-purpose superhero/SF thread".
Don't need to have that annoyance on my bookmark toolbar anymore.
Freedom!!


DC


  • Wonder Woman came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Justice League came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Justice League Dark came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Lego Batman came out, and I reviewed it.
  • I ranked the whole DCEU so far.
  • I ranked the 12 Batman movies so far.
  • Justice League is a disaster with critics, and at the domestic box-office, and the fate of the DCEU is up in the air.
  • Kevin Sujihara sabotaged JL just to get his bonus check, so he needs to be homeless and eating garbage from a garbage can lid as his plate, and salting his meal with tears.
  • Shazam is casted, and it's Zachary Levi, and Billy Batson's casted, and it's Asher Angel.
  • Zachary Levi says the tone of Shazam will be like "Guardians Of The Galaxy".
  • Wonder Woman 2 seems to be going ahead.
  • Aquaman is definitely coming, because its all shot.
  • Margot Robbie seems to be under the blissful impression that her 4 Harley Quinn films in development are happening.
  • Matt Reeves is under the blissful impression that he's doing a Batman trilogy.
  • Chris McKay, who directed "Lego Batman", is under the blissful impression he's doing a Nightwing movie.
  • Ben Affleck is under no blissful impressions, as he wants out of DCEU, and isn't even hiding it anymore.
  • Adam West died. :-(
  • "Batman vs Two-Face", the sequel to "Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders", and Adam West's final performance came out, but I haven't seen it yet.
  • "Dr. Marston and The Wonder Women", came out, but I haven't seen it, but it's getting good buzz.
  • A movie is being developed about the time the Superman radio show blew the lid off the KKK.

Marvel


  • Logan came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy vol. 2 came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Thor Ragnarok came out, and I reviewed it.
  • Inhumans came out, and unfortunately it counts as a movie, so here it is. 
  • Up next for Fox-Marvel, New Mutants, Deadpool 2, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
  • Fox-Marvel is developing an R rated Multiple Man movie with James Franco.
  • Disney-Marvel might buy Fox studios, which would re-unite X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Avengers at long fucking last. Downside, scary monopoly, PG-13 X-Men movies, and possible actor rebootings. The last 2 would destroy the Deadpool, X-Force, New Mutants series.
  • Infinity War had a trailer, and it's the most viewed trailer ever. I'm not linking it, because math says you saw it.
  • Black Panther had two awesome trailers. Ditto the above.
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp is finally filming.
  • Sony is moving ahead with their Venom movie, with Silver & Black, Kraven, Mysterio, and Morbius lined up for the next ones. Oh, Sony, you're adorable. *Head pat*
  • I ranked the MCU so far.
  • I ranked the Fox-X-Men-verse so far.

Off-brand Superheroes.



All The Rest.



TV.
  • Marvel-
  • Inhumans is the worst Marvel thing ever.
  • Second place for worst is Iron Fist. I didn't hate it, there's good things in it, but it's the least good of the Defenders-verse shows.
  • Defenders was pretty good. Not up there with Daredevil season 2, but pretty damned good. It even fixed the Iron Fist character.
  • Punisher was fucking incredible. Best Marvel show ever. Best Punisher thing ever.
  • Cloak And Dagger is on its way.
  • Legion was fucking incredible.
  • I'm hearing great things about The Gifted, but I didn't keep up on it after the pilot.
  • I'm hearing great things about Runaways, but I haven't seen it.
  • The Big Hero 6 cartoon come out, but I didn't see it.
  • Agents Of Shield is going to space.
  • Damage Control died.
  • New Warriors is still in development.
  • DC-
  • "Crisis On Earth X", happened, and was better than "Justice League".
  • Preacher season 2 was another incredible triumph.
  • Powerless is cancelled.
  • Gotham is still plugging along.
  • Krypton is still in production.
  • Black Lightning is coming really soon to CW.
  • Teen Titans live-action has casted, and is in production.
  • Misc-
  • Star Trek Discovery came out, and is excellent.
  • The Orville is like having new episodes of TNG back. But with funny parts.
  • "American Gods", is fucking glorious.
  • MST3K's kickstarter comeback happened. Haven't seen it yet.
  • There's still going to be an "Umbrella Academy", show, and Ellen Page is signed on.
  • The Boys is in production by Seth Rogan.

No updates for....
  • The Marvel mystery movies for 2020.
  • The Hasbro Universe.
  • Vampire Hunter D: Resurrection.
  • Jupiter's Legacy.
  • Wildcards.
  • Stretch Armstrong.
  • Essex County.
  • Alien Nation reboot.
  • Xena reboot.
  • The Valiant universe, and anything in it.
  • Chrononauts.
  • Infinite Horizon.
  • I Kill Giants.
  • Chew.
  • Crash Ryan.
  • Blood Brothers.
  • Lumberjanes.
  • Imagine Agents.
  • Nemesis.
  • 100 Bullets.
  • League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen reboot.
  • Brilliance.
  • Vicious.
  • Steelheart.
  • Adi Shankar's Gods and Secrets.
  • Mega Man.
  • The Six Billion Dollar Man.
  • Dreadstar.
  • Sex Criminals.
  • Lazarus.
  • The Wicked And The Divine.
  • Hack/Slash.
  • Greatest American Hero reboot.
  • Rambo the series.

And that's that!!
I'm free!!!!!
See you next time for Christmas!!


9 comments:

B. D. said...

Xena reboot? God, why?

B. D. said...

BLARRGGHH!!!! I've got to quit double dipping, but god dammit!!!!

http://www.criterion.com/films/528-the-silence-of-the-lambs
(The Demme commentary track from an earlier Criterion, from 1994, wasn't on the 2-disc released way back when....now I want to hear the damn thing)

And yeah, as if there aren't enough editions of THIS...
http://www.criterion.com/films/29331-night-of-the-living-dead

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Diacanu said...



Xena- I heard the remake versions of Xena and Gabrielle were going to be openly lesbian from the get, instead of hinting at it, and having them finally kiss in the finale.
Good luck getting that on air in Trump's America.

Lambs- Those bonuses are tempting, but...nah, I'm good. Which reminds me....now that Brett Ratner's a pervert, and a homophobic bully, do I throw away Red Dragon, or what?


B. D. said...



I never thought that highly of "Red Dragon," or any other Ratner film that I can think of--wasn't he responsible for "X-Men: The Last Stand"? I guess I didn't hate that, but isn't it usually thought of as the worst X-Men movie? "Rush Hour" I didn't mind. But it's not like I've ever gone back to rewatch it! Uhm "Red Dragon" was just a rehash of SOTL stylistically, on purpose, and Edward Norton was probably a bit miscast. "Manhunter" wasn't a great movie either, so I guess if you want the Will Graham/Lecter/Dolarhyde story, stick to the TV show or the original Thomas Harris book.

I'd never heard of this guy BTW: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2382118/The-real-life-Hannibal-Lecter-revealed-Thomas-Harris-inspired-Mexican-doctor.html

Oh by the way, "Kong: Skull Island" blows. Don't know if you covered that one or not. It's just another "Jurassic Park" knockoff and nobody in the cast really plays an interesting character or even really tries to. And it's set in 1973 for no good reason except that I guess they wouldn't want smartphones around.

Diacanu said...



Ratner- Yeah, on the set of "X-Men The Last Stand", he called Ellen Page a dyke, and suggested she go down on some other actress. This was before she was out of the closet, so he outed her in front of everybody on top of being a bigoted asshole. Page Facebooked about it, and Anna Paquin backed her up saying she was there in a tweet.
This was the homophobic bully part I was talking about before.

Speaking of X-Men, are you jazzed for the possible merging of Fox and Disney so that Marvel gets the characters back? I've got mixed emotions, but mostly positive from a selfish fan perspective.

Real life Hannibal- Oh yeah, I'd read about him digging around for stuff for the blog.
Dunno why I never wrote about it. I think I assumed more people knew about it than actually do. I always do that. Damn.

Kong- Yeah, it didn't look like anything I was interested in. Ironically, the crappy old monster movies I watched as a kid with guys in rubber suits had better stories than the new shit.


B. D. said...

Ratner - Hah, you know who did the same thing? CHEVY CHASE!! He came back in the mid 80s to host SNL when gay dude Terry Sweeney was on the show and Sweeney said Chevy asked him if he was the gay guy, and Sweeney said "yes, what can I do for you" and Chevy said "Why don't you try sucking my cock?" And later he said to do a sketch where they should have said Sweeney had AIDS and they should weigh him every week.

Fox & Disney....oh cripes, it's all just one big fuckin' conglomerate now any day. That stuff doesn't mean much to me...

Real Hannibal - I'd never heard of him...I knew Buffalo Bill was based off of Gary Heidnik, Ed Gein and Ted Bundy, I think the Gary Heidnik thing was the pretending to have a broken arm so he could abduct people, bit.

Kong: It's also the dumbest "R-13" movie I've ever seen - gory super violent death after gory super violent death but NO BLOOD so PG-13 it is!!! Wheeeee!

Diacanu said...


Chevy Chase- Nothing I hear about him surprises me. His awful talk show revealed to the world who he really is.

Fox/Disney- "That stuff doesn't mean much to me...". Oh, shit, then you're not gonna like the long-ass post I write when the deal is officially confirmed. I got the graphics picked out, and everything. I don't care about the business details for its own sake, but knowing that stuff decides what kind of movies we're going to see in the next decade. Just like the hardware inside a console decides what kind of games are going to be made.



B. D. said...

Weirdly with Chevy Chase I've read a lot of APOLOGIES from people who have ripped on him over the years. Apparently he was actually destroyed IRL by some Comedy Central roast thing.

Fox & Disney - Okay it could mean something in some way just like Disney doing Star Wars means Star Wars is really really safe now, but we'll have to see. I've still yet to *see* most of these comic book movies, after all.

Diacanu said...



Well, see, I grew up on the comics, and in the comics, all these characters live in the same world, and interact with each other.
It's all one big sandbox universe.

Imagine if say...Star Trek were cut up into pieces, and Kirk wasn't allowed to talk to Spock, and Bones had to be in his own series where the rest of Star Trek weirdly never existed at all.

You'd want those pieces back together.
It'd freak you out that it was cut up like that.

That's how us Marvel fans have felt.

Now Hulk and Thing can be frien-emies again.

Now Black Panther can be married to Storm again.

Now Reed Richards and Tony Stark can be science buddies, and build gadgets together.

Now Invisible Girl and Wasp can have girls nights out.

Now She-Hulk can throw a baby shower for Scarlet Witch.

Now Kitty Pryde can be Dr. Strange's apprentice.

All those character relations can come back, and enrich the story.
How much of it will come back over the coming years, we'll have to see.


Blog Archive

Labels