Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year!!!! (this time for sure)




The anniversary of finishing Jade-Shade was Thursday.
I had my mind on Christmas loot instead.

Yeah, I deliberately slacked off on getting the book compiled.
Broke that new year's resolution.

I fell into an existential crisis over what to do with my life with no more Harry or Jade-Shade, and with neither of them making a living for me.
Toyed with the idea of stand-up comedy, but the bottom rungs of that business are a horror show, and you don't even scrape up rent money.
I don't have to be rich day one, but rent, groceries, and electricity would be nice.

So, I tried coming up with other story ideas.
I actually have a bunch of them, but then it was a nightmare settling on just one, and then it ended up being none of them, cuz right when this year is about to die, I had one that topped all of them.
Glad I waited, instead of diving full throttle into the first thing.
The first couple ideas might have been fun to write, but I'm confident they wouldn't have sold.

So, with this new one, I'm excited about things again, and I might be able to will myself to compile the books. (Harry/Jade-Shade, and all my old rants)
And, I'm not blogging this book, gonna try to get it published.
If that fails, I'll self publish it.
Either way, you'll see it.

Jade-Shade turned 4, and I cut off the anniversaries there.
The Harry books turned 5.
NLHH turned 12!
I turned 42!
I rebooted big summer/winter movies to go by year.
Ghostbsuters 2016 has a comic book sequel, threequel, and an upcoming fourquel.
An animated Ghostbusters from the ghosts's point of view is supposed to come out in 2019, so we should start hearing some things this year.
Seen "The Last Jedi", once so far.
"Ash vs Evil Dead", season 3 doesn't come out til fucking February.
Shmegalamonga turned 9!
Halloween and Christmas aren't going to be big movie news/reviews behemoths anymore.
I came to terms and made peace with the 90's once and for all by doing a megalith recap of them.
Disney bought Fox, so we're gonna get X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool in the MCU!

Oh, and where 2016 was all our favorite celebs dying, this year, they were all turning out to be pedos, molesters, harassers, homophobic bullies, and rapists.
Yep, Cosby was just the tip of the iceberg.

Part of me is sad, but the bigger part of me is glad to have the lid blown off.

Oh, and Trump is crazy, and morally infuriating, but I'm not scared of him anymore.
I think he's done for.
We'll see where we're at by 2019, I could be wrong, but it feels like his goose is cooked.


1 comment:

Diacanu said...


Revisited.

https://dickynoo.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-pervert-pile-r-42.html

Blog Archive

Labels