Monday, December 18, 2017

Movies that made me high (Part 3)

Explained the premise in part 1.
Let's get right to it.

From the comments section in part 2...


The World's End (2013)


Link.

Whoops! Forgot this one!
I knew in my bones one of them slipped by.
Took this long to catch it.

I'm amazed that so many have turned on this one as their least favorite of the trilogy, I think it's easily the best. They saw some other movie than I did. And they saw a way better version of "Hot Fuzz", than I did.


Dr. Strange (2016)


Link.

Beautiful fucking movie.
Gets better every time I see it.
A hard character to get right story wise and visually, and they hit it out of the park.
My favorite characters are Hulk, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange, and to have them all in awesome movies, and to be able to talk about them in casual conversation with normies as part of mainstream culture is mind-blowing.


Rogue One:
A Star Wars Story (2016)


Link.

My favorite of the new ones until Last Jedi.


Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017)


Link.

Again, another sequel a lot of people are down on, I fucking love it.
I think you can watch part 1 and 2 together as one big movie, and that movie is gorgeous.


Wonder Woman (2017)

Link.

This is right up there with Christopher Reeve Superman and Dark Knight for me.
If you don't love it that much, okay, but if you HATE it, fuck, don't even talk to me.


IT (2017)


Link.

Chapter 2 can't fucking come fast enough.


Thor Ragnarok (2017)


Link.

It's Thor 3 and Hulk 3 in one, and it's the best of both trilogies.
If I could send only one movie back in time to my 7 year old self, I'd have a hard time choosing between this, Avengers 1, or Force Awakens.


Justice League (2017)


Link.

Upon reflection, it's a flawed Frankenstein monster, a lot of cool shit was cut for time that we'll probably never see now, but I still like it, and I WAS buzzed coming out of the theater, so it fits the topic.


Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)


Link.

The backlash is starting, but that's to be expected with a film that veered from expectations, and took chances.
You can't cry about TFA being formulaic, and then be butt-hurt that they did something different this time.
You can not LIKE certain changes, they can not have landed for you emotionally, but to cry that it didn't play out your mental fan-fiction?
Fuck off with that.

Nope, landed for me, I fucking love this movie.
It's my second favorite Star Wars.


Well, this is gonna be the last of these.
It's like I said in my Christmas buildup post, there's enough of these movies out in theaters, on home video, and coming out in the foreseeable future, to keep me happy forever now.
I'm good.
Nerds won.
Now, if only we could start kicking ass in politics....
That's next, bitches!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels