Monday, December 28, 2009

Bye bye, 00's.

You were one helluva strange decade, my friend.

A decade that came in with 9/11, and went out with Dingoo.


And in between, the TrekBBS years, and the WF years, which were kind of all one thing, and ended with me coming out as a liberal, and an atheist, and ending up despised over there, and it all ending in a car-wreck.

If ya told me 6 years ago, it was gonna turn out like that, I wouldn't have believed it.

And then, the start of the RD.net years, which, this time around, I hope I won't be calling "the RD.net years", nor saying words to the effect of "wow, if you had told me it was all going to end like that...", I hope in 2019, we're still chugging along.

Oh, and also, of course, Shmegalamonga was born, and became 1 year old.

Strange rollercoaster in my internet life, to say the least.

Well, the good movies of the 00's seemed to be better and more numerous than those of the 90's.
I dunno, I just plain didn't like the 90's they didn't agree with me.
What did the 90's have?
Army Of Darkness, T2, Pulp Fiction, and...??

We were treated to George Carlin's last 3 specials, and 3 of his books (Brain Droppings was '97, and "Last Words" just came out posthumously, so, yeah, 3, not 4).

Oh, and of course, geek culture thrived.

The internet, which spread everywhere in the late 90's grew to new heights, both in tech, and cultural effect.

Course....things were politically and economically horrific.....

And, I lost a handful of loved ones...

And our culture lost a lot of good celebrities....

So, there was quite a bit of darkness.

But, by and large, things look hopeful and interesting for the 10's.

I won't miss the big history crap, but there's stuff I'll miss about the 00's.

Enough so, I think I'll have enough to look back on it fondly.
At least in that truncated, hazy, rose-tinted way I look back on the 80's.

Couldn't say that about the 90's.
I kicked that bastard in the tailbone on its way out the door.

Came in with high school, went out with Wal-Mart, just plain disagreeable for me personally.

But, I'm much more ambitious and invigorated by the possibilities of the post-"The God Delusion", post-Dingoo world.

That's going to be a lot more interesting.

IMHO.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels