Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Things that don't give me nightmares #7.

Hmm, lessee...people that I'm glad exist...


Firefighters.

Rescue workers.

EMTs.

Good doctors.
Y'know, not arrogant quacks.
I used to be down on arrogant prick doctors period, but if they can back it up with skill, like House, fuck it.
Just save my ass.

Soldiers.
But good ones though, not those "just following orders", My Lai kinda guys.
Or guys like The Comedian.
Y'know, good ones.
I fucking hate war, but, I don't take it out on the troops.
They sign up for a job I never would.

Cops.
Again , good ones, naturally.
We need them for putting away our more dysfunctional members of society.
BUT, nothing drags society down worse than dirty cops.
Dirty cops are on my special hate-list, and are in the "give me nightmares", column.
Thankfully, I've never run afoul of such types.
I really hope the percentage is low, but you always hear those horror stories.
Usually from Louisiana, and L.A.
And then there's the shit poor Serpico went through.
But y'know, that's why the good cops deserve extra respect.


...and then of course, those who improve quality of life when the shit ISN'T hitting the fan...

...all the authors/performers in my reading/viewing list...

...all the performers, workers, and artists involved in creating the art, and keeping the institutions running, and running the machines, involved with making the stuff in the other entries exist.

...and...chefs!

...all for now, forgive if I forgot stuff, but there's always other entries..

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels