Saturday, December 19, 2009

The way I see it.

Well, it's like this....


First of all, we've got all these big problems that I've mentioned previously.

Most of them born of human stupidity.

The rest are theoretically solvable, but not if that same stupidity gets in the way.

And if we don't solve them, we're quite simply fucked.

Game fucking over.

So, as a Darwinian survival organism, at the molecular core of my being, it's naturally unacceptable to me that my species should be wiped out by something as stupid as, well...stupid.

And if we're fucked, then none of the mundane crap of a little American life fucking matters.

We may as well be waiting ignorant, oblivious, and cattle-like to be one of those poor bitches and bastards at Pompeii.



So, being a dumb little "good American", is a dead concept to me, intellectual garbage, get it out of my face, you may as well be trying to sell me a turd on a stick.

So, given all that, the only thing that could possibly matter, is trying to change this damned world.

The world in its current shape, is well, as said above, fucking unacceptable.

And, it follows, the big stupidities, are an aggregate of the little day to day stupidities, so those are fucking unacceptable.

So, silent passive acceptance of all that stupidity is well, fucking unacceptable.

Hence my ranting.

And the not just acceptance of, but the rebellious exaltation of stupidity...

....fucking unacceptable.

Hence the jeering tone of some of my ranting.
It's the natural human reaction.
Anything else would be a politically staged lie.
You don't wanna be lied to, do ya?
All right then.

Wanting to be lied to is another of those fucking unacceptable stupidities anyway.

So, given I see the world from this angle, you tell me...

Is blind flag waving nationalist patriotism possible for someone like me?

Fuck no, it ain't, you goddamned know it ain't.

Religious faith?

Fuck no.

ANY concept that requires a blindfolded leap on par with religious faith?

Fuck no.

Forgiving people for their fevered greed, or even seeing it as a positive, indeed, something one should be PROUD of?

Fuck no.

So, given those are impossible for me, tell, me, what's left of this "American way", for me to root for?

Hmm?

I have etched in my memory, a thread on WF where someone demanded of liberals that we say what we love about this country.

I had a damned hard time answering.

Politically?

Practically nothing.

The ideals of Thomas Paine are the only things I love outright with no reservations.

But what we've become? What we are now? What a fucking mess.

What's to LOVE about that?
Huh?
You fucking kidding me?

American politics isn't something you love, it's something one endures through Herculean acts of mental bracing.

And you know I have not a single quark of affection for (much less patience with) America's infatuation with superstition, and mumbo-jumbo.

So, what's left?

The little things.

The little things our dwindling freedoms bring.

And that we even have those freedoms, tattered around the edges as as they are lately.

And that they're roughed up and tattered is fucking unacceptable.

And that people find it acceptable is fucking unacceptable.

But, anyway, those little things, as I said above, are as meaningless as Pompeii, unless we work to change the world for the better.

So, those little things that console me, only console me, if I'm doing my admittedly teensy eensy weensy part to change things.

I have to work toward that or I'm fucking dead already.

So, you goblins out there who have hopped up and down with joy while spouting drivel to the the effect of "you haven't changed anything! Nothing you do matters! Tee hee hee! Wheee! The world is shit, we win!!".

Fuck off, and kindly die.

Thanks.

Your world you love so much is fucking unacceptable.

It's only acceptable with that much glee if you're fucking stupid.

Or if you blot out all the horror by plugging your ears and humming.

Which is fucking stupid.

Or, if you're fucking evil, but evil without the political power to back it up is just a lame pathetic nihilistic revenge fantasy, and no dipshit out there in internet land has that power, so, it's just more stupidity.

Anyway, given all that, I also have burnt into my memory, my friend, Margaret saying in that aforementioned thread, essentially"I love America's potential".

This pissed my other friend, Tamar/Tracie off to no end.

But, that outrage only has a leg to stand on if one can with a straight face be 100% contented with our current condition.

I can't seem to pull that trick off.

I don't see how a grown adult who pays attention to the news can, frankly.
Could be a failing on my part, I dunno.

So, yeah, we have the potential to be greater than we are.

And for our very survival, we have to be.

And that people would rather be contented, than great, is fucking unacceptable.

Given the stakes for our species, absolutely fucking unacceptable.

That's what "I love America's potential", means to me, anyway.

I see that as a great thing, not a disparaging thing.

If we had no potential, we really would be 100% fucked, there would be no hope, and nothing to live for, and I wouldn't be writing this.

But I am, and there is.

And that's just the way I see it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels