Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Okay, one area...

...where geek culture let us down big time...the fuggin' Star Wars prequels.


I admit, back in the day, I defended the Phantom Menace, and spouted the "it's set up to be the first part of a trilogy, let's see how the other ones play out, that'll redeem it, and show you haters wrong", line.

Well, it's been a decade later, and TPM still sucks donkeys, AOTC is a bit better, and ROTS is finally decent, but...overall, the prequels were just unnecessary.

We could've lived without 'em.

I apologize deeply and whole-heartedly to everyone I annoyed back then.

But, the good news is, we're all big boys and girls now, we don't need uncle George to spoon-feed us, we can make our own shit now that's better.

The 00's gave us Lord Of The Rings, the Spidermans, the first Iron Man, the first J.J. Abrams Trek, we're sitting pretty damned pretty as a fandom.

Aaaanyhoo, let's walk down the memory lane of suckitude, with this epic and hilarious 7 part review of The Phantom Menace.

Fucking nails it in every detail.

Part 1.

Part 2. Part 3. Part 4. Part 5. Part 6. Part 7.

3 comments:

Paladin said...

Damn, that was funny. I sat down and watched part one...and then had to watch the others. He's absolutely on target in all his criticisms.

It's tragic that the prequel trilogy became the huge wasted opportunity that it has...

severalspeciesof said...

Thanks for this, it brightened my day!!!

Caudimordax said...

Those were hilarious. But he's right in every particular. I never analyzed the movie myself - for me it's just mindless entertainment. Now I know the mindlessness wasn't me!

Blog Archive

Labels