Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things that don't give me nightmares #1.



"Unwrapped", with Marc Summers.





I dunno, maybe it's the nostalgia, but also, industrial food production just generally fascinates me.

Watching candy factories in particular soothes me.

Mister Rogers used to show that kind of thing all the time.
My favorite part of the show.
Candy, crayons, Legos, factories making neat shit is always cool.

"Unwrapped", is the new incarnation of that.

There's also "How It's Made", but..eh, that one's got a boring host, it plays more like an industrial training film, and sometimes you just get a flat out dud of an episode like the factory that makes those fucking teensy screws in glasses.

It ain't got the charm and personality of "Unwrapped".

"Unwrapped", makes me happy.

Calms my nerves like few things do anymore.

It ties together and reminds me of all the areas of human endeavor that aren't targeted towards making me miserable.

Yknow, unlike things like this and this...

I get to forget about those for a little bit.

A person needs that, or they go nuts, y'know.

So, yeah, when I need my memory jogged that some humans are actually left on the planet that are capable of GOOD things, I flip channels hoping that "Unwrapped", is on.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels