Well, it sure as shit isn't gonna be "Finding Dory", is it? ;-)
"Ghostbusters: Answer The Call".
First, the loooong and winding road to get to this moment.
- My orginal Ghostbusters series review.
- Dan Aykroyd was still trying to get GB3 going.
- 30th anniversary.
- We first learned the next one was a female reboot.
- I reminded folks that the game was GB3.
- GB16 cast list, cast pics.
- In a nostalgia stroll, I admitted I'm optimistic.
- In defense of the Ghostbusters reboot.
- Ghostbusters: The Lean Years.
- The Ghostbusters of Christmas future.
- A GB16 hater's guide to Ghostbusters merchandise.
- A GB16 lover's guide to Ghostbusters merchandise.
- A quickie Ghostbusters infographic.
- Happy 32nd anniversary, Ghostbusters!!
- Happy belated anniversary, Ghostbusters 2 &3.
- Ghostbusters: Ecto Force.
- Ghostbusters- Passing The Torch.
- Ghostbusters: The Lean Years (Part 2)
- Ghostbusters: The Lean Years (Part 3)
- Ghostbusters: Lame claim to fame?
- Ghostbusters: Final Thoughts Before The Big Day.
- Ghostbusters: One last little batch of goodies.
So, woke up, brushed my teeth, washed up, dressed, pounded down 4 Key Lime Slime Twinkies for breakfast, got right on the road, saw the flick, came back, had a chickenburger, and 4 more Twinkies for lunch (2 to go!).
Now, here we go...
- Loved it.
- Loved the shit out of it.
- Loved the cast. Loved 'em before, but even more now.
- Kate McKinnon is a goddess. Holtzmann deserves to be up there with Superman and Luke Skywalker.
- They all have moments to shine though.
- They're great as a group, the chemistry is excellent.
- Leslie Jones isn't a stereotype, she's awesome.
- Chris Hemsworth was great.
- My theater laughed out loud through the whole thing.
- Score was awesome.
- Songs dropped in at the perfect moments.
- Humor started within the first few moments. It hits the ground running.
- Jokes almost all the way through.
- Wanted it to be at least better than GB2, it slaughters GB2, and I like GB2.
- The look and feel is a crossbreed of the first movie, and "The Real Ghostbusters", with a teensy sprinkle of "Extreme Ghostbusters". They cherry-picked the whole legacy.
- In fact, the final fight is "Real Ghostbusters", meets "Avengers".
- Way better than the trailers, and I didn't hate the trailers.
- Someone at Sony is getting fired for that ad campaign.
- All the internet controversy and nastiness? Stupid. Waste of time. Waste of electricity. Especially where it got political. You're all fuckin' idiots.
- The ads spoil an awful lot, but there's so much more in there, you're still good to go if you've seen that stuff.
- I personally had almost everything spoiled via toys, and lots of other shit, and that's my own stupid fault, but there was still enough new jokes, and character stuff, and connective tissue to burn away the spoiled feeling.
- Some critics have whined that the classic cameos were annoying. They didn't bother me at all. The only one that kinda slowed things down was the Bill Murray one, it wasn't necessary to the story, but, I just didn't care. It was fun to have him there.
- Stay through the credits, there's a stinger, and the credits are entertaining anyway. It's not a painful wait like a Marvel movie.
- It's exactly two hours, and it moved along really fast.
- In fact, my only gripe, I wanted more. Of everything. More of the fight, more character backstory, more time with everybody, just more. The DVD/Blu-ray is gonna have another 15-17 minutes, and I want it all. I want a 3 hour cut. I want sequels.
- Oh, I definitely want sequels. If this is all we get, I can deal, but...I'd like more.
- I totally need to get "Ghosts From Our Past", because that's got a bunch of the Erin & Abby backstory I was craving.
- How does it stack up against GB1? *Inflates cheeks, exhales* Shit, tough call. Gotta say, I heard more laughs in my theater than in '84. I really did. Sorry, objective fact. Umm...y'know, apples & oranges. They're in the same multiverse, but they're so different. I personally had the most fun with this one of all three. Take that as you will.
- Will I go again? Oh, FUCK yeah!!
- Should you see it? Oh, fuck yeah!
- Will it change the minds of the people that were nasty about it? No. Those pricks can stay home.
- Rating? Hmmm, 7.5 out of 10.
27 years of new cinematic Ghostbusters blue-balls is finally over.
Up next? After seeing this one or two more times, Suicide Squad.
Mmmaaaybe "Star Trek: Beyond".
I'm going back and forth on that one.
See you next time for whatever it turns out to be!