Sunday, April 10, 2016

Big Winter Movies (Part 5.5).

Part 0 (HC3)
Part 1 (Ash)
Part 1.5 (Ash)
Part 2 (Creed)
Part 3 (TFA)
Part 3.5 (TFA)
Part 3.75 (TFA)
Part 3.85 (TFA)
Part 4 (Deadpool)
Part 5 (BvS)

It's "God's Not Dead 2"!! Haha!! Yeah, right....


Batman v Superman:
Dawn Of Justice (2016)



From last time..

I really dug it. Don't quite know if I love it yet, still processing.

Well, I love it now.
Love it.

I caught all the little details I couldn't process the first time, it really does get better with repeated viewings.

One of the things the haters say is that Luthor's motivations either aren't clear, or aren't explained at all.
A lie, or willful stupidity.
It's all right there in his discussions with Senator Finch, and with Superman on the helipad at the end.
You can be forgiven for missing it the first time, but I heard an asshole who's seen it three times say this shit.
Fuck you, you're stupid.
Try coming up out of your popcorn for air once in awhile.
Sorry, folks, opinions are one thing, but getting facts wrong pisses me off.

As for the slow pace I mumbled about last time, fuck that, I take it all back, everything has a pay off, you can't cut any of it.
Once you see it the first time, and know a little better how all the little pieces fit, it flows better when you know where it's all going.

It really is a film that demands repeat viewings, this isn't a one-and-done flick.
It's not a turn-your-brain-off-and-fart movie either, you've got to pay the fuck attention.

Solid 8.5 out of 10.

Can't wait for the 3 hour cut.
Bring it the fuck on.


Up next, the big winter recap!!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels