Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh, and while I've got your ear...

...on the topic of The Olympics...

..apparently, The Spice Girls one-time re-united for the closing ceremony.


Man, that takes me back....

Rewind the old mind-machine to well, back to 1996, same year as Izzy, weird....


Remember who they started knocking off the charts?


Yep, Marilyn Manson.

Bubblegum came back, and MTV pretty much threw him under the bus.

It's all these years later, and I finally see it in the proper context.

In '96 , I scoffed at Manson, inwardly ridiculed his fandom, and couldn't wait for what he represented to blow over in the zeitgeist.

Then, Spice girls led to Britney, led to more Disney-spawned Britney clones than I can count anymore, led to American Idol, led to American Idol clones, with Britney judging one of them, and...things have never been the same.

I owe the man an apology.

I see now, he was a superhero trying to save us all from what came after....

...except, he lost the fight.

Maybe..maybe if I'd believed in him more....

Don't make my mistake, children...

...learn from me. : (

I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.....:,(

He knew, and I didn't listen....


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels