Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy 55th birthday, Denis Leary!


Holy crap, I remember when he was my age ranting on MTV....


And, oh, crap, I shoulda thrown him into my comedy influences chunk of the thanks on book 1...

Ah, well, this can be that.

Thanks, Denis.
There.

*Looks over his filmography*

Kiddie flick, bomb, kiddie flick, bomb....

Ah, Demolition Man!!!
There we go!


If he never does another cool flick again, this is good enough.

If you managed to miss out on this one..what the hell are you waiting for?

But, his drought of filmic awesome is more than made up for with...

Rescue Me!!



Man, did that show ever help get me through the 00's.

Soon as the seasons of those get a bit cheaper, I'm gonna get 'em, promise.

Oh, it wasn't perfect, there were a lot of clunker episodes, and a couple clunker seasons, and it went off the rails when Denis's character was just running around fuckin' everybody.
Got kind of ridiculous.

But, compared to the other shit that was on, it was the best show on TV; that's right critics, you can cram "The Shield", and "Nip/Tuck", sideways.

Oh, okay, "The Shield", was all right, I just never got into it.

Now, we've got "The Walking Dead", and "Breaking Bad", and there was "House", and those reruns will be on forever, but yeah, for the fuggin' Bush years, it was "Rescue Me".

For me, anyway.

Hey...that's right....where are the "Rescue Me", rerun marathons?
They do "House", and "NCIS", all fuckin' weekend.
Ditto "Law And Order: Rape".

Huh...bastids...

Whelp, gotta get them DVDs, huh?

So, that's my rambling reminiscence of "Rescue Me".

Favorite standup special?
Hmmm...."No Cure For Cancer", I guess.

What else?

Here's "Merry Fuckin' Christmas".

And here's "Asshole".



So, that's it, happy 55th, Denis.

Shit, his 35 to 55 went by like nothin' I'll be there soon enough...damn...

3 comments:

AllanW said...

Nice post and I agree with much of it but I can't forgive him for stealing from Hicks;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE4sK_yYtGQ

Diacanu said...


Shit, that's right...

Hicks was even saying it while he was alive.

*Facepalm*

Diacanu said...


Well....I'm just going to have to try extra hard on Hicks's birthday....

Blog Archive

Labels