Friday, August 15, 2014

Halloween is canceled.



Oh, I'll acknowledge the holiday, and maybe cobble together some little thing for it, but the big marathons just take too fucking much out of me, and I just plain don't want to do it this year.

I become more and more cosmically aware of everything I do that isn't Jade-Shade being a time suck away from Jade-Shade.

Every single flick I watch, I can feel the time sucking away, and it hurts more every time.

I really felt it last Halloween.
That was so grueling, it...kinda wasn't even fun.
I was satisfied with the results, but man, what an endurance trial.
It cost too much.

While I'm at it, no more Bingewatches.
"The Shield", and "Battlestar Galactica", will just have to go wanting.

I said it in "Post-Halloween holidays announcement", I gotta shave this shit back, plus, it already served its purpose in helping me create Jade-Shade.

I only kept doing it past Halloween out of compulsion, but my subliminal mind eventually guided me to the resolution of all those movie/comics quests (that I compiled on my birthday), and it all feels complete now.

But, what really finished it off, was "Rewind This", and "Adjust Your Tracking".
Those two little movies accomplished what I thought the movie blogging was doing.

"Adjust Your Tracking", really clinched it though.
There's a guy in that who's turned his basement into a perfect replica of an old-timey rental store, and at first, I admired the guy, and had a dreamy fantasy of just doing that forever.
Literally living in a video store, and watching the tapes, and making snarky wisecracks about the flicks to anyone who comes over.
Then I realized, that's always been my dream.
Then I realized, shit, I've tried on some level to make my blog that....but it's a time suck.
I got shit to write.
It would be so much fun, but I got shit to write.
I can do one or the other, not both, sacrifices must be made.

Shit, writing this fucking post is a time suck.
Gotta wrap it the fuck up.

So, yeah, let the "Rewind This", and "Adjust Your Tracking", guys do that shit for me.
I can pop those in any time to remember that world.

As for the big MISSION of Halloween (see here, and here), look, James Randi has devoted his life to debunking, Penn & Teller are kind of taking up his torch, and if it's vengeance on bullshit I want, Jade-Shade is all about that, so why fuck around with extraneous side-versions of it?

As for movies, I got one more to cap off video reviews.
And it's appropriate for a capper too.
You'll see.

Exceptions will be, first, summer movies, I'll of course finish those off.
Only one more left on that anyway.
I wanna collect the documentaries on my list, and talk about those.
And, I still like bragging about my Christmas hauls.

I'll do another early En-Mike-lopedia of this summer's stuff in September, and that'll be it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels