Thursday, August 4, 2011

Taking a walk: the sequel.

Heatwave finally broke, got out yesterday.

Took a walk down the same road as on "how I spent my 9/11", and it was just as boring, if not more so, but I brought my new camera to test it some more.

Here's the sky. Fucking phone lines in the way.



The road ahead of me.



Some woods.
Yeah, this camera really is better in the outdoors, than indoors at night.
Kinda sensed that, that's why I needed to take it on this walk.



Some more woodsy woods.



Oh, yeah, some of the litter I talked about last time.
I was gonna snap a pic of every bit of litter as some snarky thing...but, there was too goddamned much of it, I woulda been there four hours snapping litter like some nut.

So, I just ended up taking pics of special litter with a star quality to it.

All right, this litter wasn't a star, but it was the first one I noticed.



Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind....



Bleach bottle! There's a star!
What are you doing there, bleach bottle?
Who chucks a fuckin' bleach bottle in the ditch?

"Fuck Mountain Dew, I'm drinkin' this bleach!".
"Mmmm, bleach!".
*Googlah, googlah, googlah*
"Ehh, I don't wanna have this bleach bottle rattling around in the back seat, I'll just litterbug it, who'll ever know?".

No, bleach bottles are for house rubbish.
How does house rubbish make it to the ditch?

You're on bad terms with the garbage man, so you drive around with your house rubbish in the back chucking random items across the fuckin' state?

Or, does a crow steal a bleach bottle for a treasure, and drop it?

You're an enigma, bleach bottle.



Stagnant pool.



...a sorta stream coming offa stagnant pool into some more nice woodsy woods.



Okay, finally, I clear the woods, and here's the field I wanted to do all along, and this is where it drove me fuckin' crazy, cuz the glaring sunlight washed out the LCD screen, and I barely knew what I was taking shots of, and I may as well had the stick camera with me, I was that blind.

There was crows there I wanted to get, but by the time I walked up on a good vantage point with no goobers gawking at me from their driveway, they took the fuck off.



Yeah, nother one, that's where the crows woulda been...



Some clouds.
Aw, tch, when I was just clearing the fucking tree tunnel, the clouds were this perfect heaping fucking plate of mashed potatoes, something out of a fucking oil painting, but the time I was up on the spot I wanted, they were dispersing, and that perfect shot was gone.

Anyway, this is what was hanging over the field...



I got some of the mashed potatoes though, this was a good shot.
Fucking power lines though...

The sun was totally washing out my screen at this point, I was pissed.



'Nother good glob of potatoes.
All of this was merged into one behemoth though before I got there, and the sun was piercing it just right, and it was perfect.
This stuff, good as it is, was the aftermath.



Nother angle of the field with some good cloud-age.



Oh yeah, across the street, here's the cornfield I talked about last time.



Good one of the whole cornfield, and what was left of the plate of mashed potatoes.
There's still some of it there.



What I got looking straight up in the air.



Ooo, the light/color came out on these ones just perfect.









Nother shot of the field with the lighting just right...



Shot of looking back.



Cornfield again with good light.



Heading back on the cornfield side of the road. Some more good woods.



M&M bag.
M&M bag makes more sense.
That's proper litter.
Not this weird inexplicable house rubbish stuff.
M&M bag, you're a sigh of relief.



The field at the other end of the road.

This is what was underneath the first sky pic at the start of the journey.



Heading home.

Two grey squirrels ran across the street. Did everything I could to sneakily boot the camera up fast enough to capture them without scaring them, then they just came out as two little blobs anyway.
Dammit.



Arrow time.
There they are.



Aaand, that's it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels