Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My wonderful gadgets.

(Click to enlarge)

Ahh, look at em.....:)

Well, of course, this baby...
...and I detailed its cosmic healing powers here, and here.

Then, there's this.


My original pocket gizmo.
Your basic Swiss pocket knife.
Had it since oh, '94 or '95.
Found it in the parking lot of UNE.

The springy thing on the scissors broke off, and the folding mechanism for the nail file broke, so it swings loosely, and doesn't fold up all the way, and the key ring is gone, and the metal logo thing popped off and got lost ages ago, and it gets a green patina in the hinges that gunks up that I have to scrape out every few months, so, it's in rough shape.

BUT...the knife still cuts packages open, and the scissors still cut pesky bags open, and the nail file works as a good screwdriver for the power screw of my electric clippers, so..I keep it.

I have it in my t-shirt pocket right now.
It's always on me.

It's my main fiddling object.
I have this OCD thing where I like to have an object to fiddle with.
I fold the nail file on it's loose flappy hinge, and the scissors I wobble around on their wobbly hinges.
And I pop the tweezers out half way like they're an antennae of a teeny walkie talkie.
Y'know, something to fiddle with.

I suppose I could get a fresh new one, I looked, and Amazon sells 'em for like...a fucking penny.

Still...I dunno, I've bonded with it, it's mine.
*Shrug*

And then there's this baby.
My sweet little camera.
What I like to call "my little tricorder".
As you may know, I took most of the pics in the location blogs with it.
If I ever work up the nerve, I'll do Youtube video blogs (or, vlogs) with it.
Just been, well, working up the nerve, and also, trying to think of something worthy to aim it at and blather about.

Not much more to say about it.
It's really fucking sweet.

One thing, would be nice if it had a screen.
But...once you add a screen, then the size and price jump up sharply for some reason.

And this is the latest addition, got it just last week.

A laser pointer with a flashlight, and UV blacklight.

Just about the same size as my pocket knife.

It's my other fiddling object, I keep it right with the knife in my pocket.

Hmm, y'know, if I used the flashlight/blacklight along with the camera, then that really is the tricorder.
I mean, the camera taking the pics as the light exposes invisible objects, that's just like the Trek tricorder getting an extra boost from that pepper shaker thingy.

Heh, cool.

Anyway, those are my main gadgets.

I mean, yeah, I got my laptop, my PS2, my DVD, my TV, my VCR, my old PC, I got all kinds of larger utility knives, and tools lying around, but for stuff I always have on me, or that have important uses, those 4 are kinda my utility belt.

And that they're little black stick things has a utility belt feel too, y'know?

So yeah, those are my babies.

Oh, and here's the next two....

...a keychain sized universal clicker for messing with TVs and raising hell.
I'm thinking doctor's offices, and waiting rooms mostly, cuz that's right where they leave the TV on complete and utter shit, and hide the remote.

But, good for anywhere where you're stuck watching shit.
For example, Applebees and Uno leave their TVs on insufferable crap like golf all the time.
I never want to be stuck again like that.
When I have this, I'll never have to.

Next up is this....
...a butane lighter that burns like a blowtorch.
Triple blue flames.
Can melt fucking metal.
Always wanted my own lighter to just have fire as a tool, but hey, why not have it be a kickass one to boot?
Who can pass up a mini blowtorch for 4 bucks and free shipping?

So, yeah, those are ordered, and on their way, I'll maybe do another entry to tell if they turned out as good as advertised, and maybe have some stories to go with them.

3 comments:

severalspeciesof said...

What kind of superhero you aiming at?... ;-)

Diacanu said...

Hmm, "Inglorious Bastard", is already taken, isn't it?

Caudimordax said...

You still have the tweezers on the Swiss Army knife? Call the vatican, because that could be a bonafide miracle! Mine disappeared immediately after the toothpick went missing and the just before the scissor-spring bent. I need one of those remote thingys - I just about sprained my brain ignoring The View last time I took my car for service.

Blog Archive

Labels