Friday, August 26, 2011

Best Worst Movie.

So, it's late 80's, early 90's...

...I have about 30-40 bucks in allowance burning a hole in my pocket, I'm at the Shady Dave's flea market (mentioned in my Nightmare retrospective), and they have literally a wall of tapes for 5 bucks a pop, so, I'm in hog heaven.

And, they have Troll, aaand, something I didn't even know existed, Troll 2!!

I kinda dug Troll, you got Sonny Bono turning into a seed pod, and you got singing Muppets that are only missing John Denver, so..hey, why not the sequel for 5 bucks?
Sign me up for more of that.

I get it home, pop it in....wowww....baaaad, yeah, I couldn't bury that in my file cabinet deep enough.

Comes the mid-90's and me, Hyla, & Spencer were into all these bad flicks, so, I was like "I've got one for ya...*grin*".

Ehh, I think we had a good time with it.
Maybe my MST3K lines bombed here and there, hey, they can't all be gems, at least I was trying.
Guys, if you're out there thinking "Mike was so annoying...I hate him SO!! DAMN!! MUCH!!", geez, get over it...wow.

So, yeah, I was well aware of this film, and it's painful blowfulness.

Fast-forward again to the 00's, and Youtube turned scenes from this flick into memes, particularly, the kid going "oh my GAAAWWD!!".

Rotten Tomatoes voted it the worst movie in the world, and I guess, it's the Facebook Generation's "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

Fast-forward again to now, and we've got another doc along the lines of I am Nancy, There Is No Jesse, Invaluable, The Captains, and Trek Nation.

Best Worst movie!
The story of Troll 2, its cast and creators, and the phenomenon of its re-discovery and fandom.

The Trailer.



It's really great, if you like documentaries, you'll like it, if you like horror, and the people who make it, you'll like it, if you like those Chris Guest movies, you'll love it, because this is the same thing, but frigging REAL!

Who knew 20 years later, I'd be truly ENTERTAINED by Troll 2?

Buy eeet!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels