Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Big Summer Movies Part 2. (Part 2)


Part 1 (Winter Soldier).

Okay, I've sorted out the aforementioned jackassery (vehicle problems), and I'm back on schedule.
So, for my second summer film....

X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014)


Previous X-Men reviews...
Now to this flick.

Rundown...
  • Is it "the biggest superhero movie ever"? Mmmm, yeah. Yeah, it just might be.
  • I actually thought it had more meat to it than Avengers.
  • Avengers 2 has its work cut out.
  • Definitely the best of the X-Men flicks, hands down.
  • It all built to this. This is the payoff. 
  • ...until "Age Of Apocalypse".
  • Hard to go more in depth without spoiling everything...
  • Okay, put it this way....if you weren't a fan of X3, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • You kind of HAVE to have followed the other 6 flicks (or, had a refresher marathon) to know what's going on. 
  • I still think "Winter Soldier", was slightly better, but this comes a decimal close.
  • I dunno, come to think of it, they might even be tied...tough call.
  • Definitely worth it, definitely go see it.

All righty, quick update to "Big summer 2014 movie preview", I mentally added "Transcendence", and "Lucy", to it, bumping it up to 8 films, but "Transcendence", colossally bombed, and my own cousin told me it was boring, and Red Letter Media tore it to shreds, so, I'll wait for video.
And, I simply decided against "Amazing Spiderman 2", so, we're back down to 6.

Everyone's raving about "Godzilla", so, that'll probably be next.
Sometime in the remaining days of this week, or early next week,

1 comment:

Billdude said...

"Godzilla" is okay. It has some nice visual ideas, I guess they really took a chance on this director (a young British guy who only directed "Monsters" a couple years ago, talk about a jump in budgets!) I'm not really sure what its overarching purpose was, aside from doing a high budget Godzilla movie that doesn't reek of shit. As you probably already know, Bryan Cranston's only in it for about 25 minutes!

I don't know if you have time to read all this, but if you do, ugh, ugh, ugh:

http://thebaffler.com/blog/2014/05/mouthbreathing_machiavellis

Go here if the above doesn't work:
http://members.boardhost.com/musicbabble/msg/1402586169.html

"As best I can tell, their ideal society best resembles Blade Runner, but without all those Asian people cluttering up the streets." <--funniest quote from the above.

The pure products of America go crazy, huh? All hail the new Dork Enlightenment.

Blog Archive

Labels