Friday, June 27, 2014

Big Summer Movies Part 2. (Part 3)



Okay, so after being set back a couple weeks by "bingewatch", back on track again.
Now, on to a flick that wasn't on my plan at all....


Edge Of Tomorrow (2014)


This was supposed to be fuckin' "Godzilla", but the internet lied, and there was no more 12:10 showing, and I didn't want to go home with my tail between my legs, so I grabbed the ticket for this instead.

Until "Guardians", comes out, there ain't shit.
I'm looking at the top 10 flicks, and....keerist, it's either crap, ones I've seen, or stuff I'd just as soon rent.

Anyway, this is "Groundhog Day", meets "Starship Troopers", meets "Metroid", and I actually really fucking dug it.

Smart sci-fi, good action, some humor, not bad at all.
I personally liked it better in the character department than "Pacific Rim".
I'd recommend it.

It won't even bother you that it's Tom Cruise.
Unless you're a poser douchebag.
Don't be a poser douchebag.
Nobody likes a poser douchebag.
Nobody.

Well, I might take another stab at "Godzilla", but it feels like I've missed it.
Everything on Earth prevented me from it.
Just next week is "Guardians", and that's the one I've planned my whole summer around.
We'll see how this all sorts out.

2 comments:

Paladin said...

Out of "Edge of Tomorrow" and "Godzilla," "Edge" is definitely the better film, though "Godzilla" is certainly worthwhile.

Diacanu said...



Ooops, "Guardians", doesn't come out 'til August. Dunno how I fucked that up.
Anyhoo, "Godzilla", review pending...

Blog Archive

Labels