Saturday, June 21, 2014

The (second) YEAR Of Hembock!



So, as I said to myself last year...

Note to self, next year, just do the "year of Hembock", on the anniversary of the first book.
That'll be good enough.

And here we are.
Second anniversary of the first book, and new anniversary of the whole series.

Previous ones.
Also, January saw the 25th anniversary of Harry Hembock the character.
And, In May, Harry finally crossed over with Jade-Shade. (27, 28, 29)

Hmm, guess I should lump together some new reflections for this one, eh?
Well, it's been 2 years as a self-published author, how'm I feeling about that?

When it was fresh and new, I was hyper about it.

Then, when the first year rolled around, I was kinda blasé, if you can believe it.
I'd had a year to be gloomy about the dropoff in sales, I guess.
The reflecting on the books brought some of the fun back, but it was rushed fun, and I didn't fully have time to enjoy it as it was going on.

Now, I'm philosophical about it, and in a pretty good place.
I can breathe easy, and go "wow, I did it, I accomplished that".

It really does feel different than the days when getting the stuff out there was an impossible dream.
I'm on the other side of the mirror, and it feels weird.

Now, I feel like wrestling down another dream/goal.
Making a living off this.
I was so wrapped up in just making this stuff exist, I didn't even let myself dare to dream that part.
Well,..plus the whole self-esteem thing.

But, I've had all this time to navel gaze, and stare at the undeniable reality that I got this far, and I think I'm ready.
Enough with letting hacks blow past me.

So, Quantum Dissolve is the one I want to be good enough to sell well, plus...I gotta come up with a viral marketing strategy for Harry Hembock.

Yep, I got my work cut out for me.
But this is the year it truly starts.
I'm excited to face it.

1 comment:

Billdude said...

Hey, I still have my copy!

But what I really wanted to show you was, AHAHAHAHAHAHAH:

http://www.rakehellrow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/the-wire-monopoly-23465-1322679014-4.jpeg

Blog Archive

Labels