Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The year of hell.


Okay, so, this is finally the followup/explanation for this one...

Hey, guy in the ICU waiting room....

So, yeah, a few days before Christmas last year, my mother almost died from complications of diabetes.
Yeah, that wasn't fun.
For anybody.
Surgeries, rehab, it was a long road.

So, there you go, I wasn't fucking kidding when I said I wasn't in there because someone had the fucking sniffles.

And now you see why ICU guy can go fuck himself.

Well, at least his wife seemed to get the situation, by virtue of it being an ICU, and whispered for him to shut the fuck up.
Thanks, ICU guy's wife.

So, I only told select people about this by other means.
Internet was my only escape during those rough months, I didn't need it tainted by the scum-fucks at...certain boards dancing with glee at the possibility of her death just because they don't like my opinions.
Cuz, I really think they would.
They're trash.
I just didn't need it.

Anyway, after a long ordeal of backslides, and speedbumps, she's finally back on her feet, and back to herself, hopefully that's all in the rearview mirror.

And now that everything is safe, and good again, I can talk about it.
I talk about everything else, I didn't like having that weird secret hanging over this place.

4 comments:

Caudimordax said...

I wonder if that was the same waiting room where a rerun of "ER" was showing on the TV while my father was having a bypass at 3am...

I hope the coming year is better for all.

Diacanu said...

Thanks, Caudi. :)

Yeah...maybe that clip "wasn't appropriate", maybe I shoulda watched it with an empty waiting room, or not at all, but...I'm pretty sure those people piled in just as I fired up the 'puter, and they weren't going away, and they seemed to be wrapped up in each other, so I didn't think they'd look my way, and...dammit, I really needed to connect back to my normal reality to keep from breaking down.
That's my normal reality.
You can't win.
You can't win when other human beings come into play.
Maybe I was "supposed", to sit on my hands, and stare at the walls, and go nuts.
I don't know...

Diacanu said...

I watched Harvey Pekar on David Letterman instead.
I needed something with some teeth and some truth.

Wasn't getting any from the goofy doctors at the time.

Caudimordax said...

The noseyparkers should have minded their own business, but probably messing with you was their way of getting away from their stress - not that that excuses it. It's just that sometimes people act crazier than "normal" when they're terrified. And maybe their loved one was a burn victim. Eew.

Blog Archive

Labels