Saturday, November 5, 2011

Andy Rooney 1919 -2011

Damn.
Well, he was 92, he had a good run.
Still, he's one of these guys like Phil Hartman who's a chunk of the culture you take for granted, then when they're suddenly gone, you're like "....shit".

As a young curmudgeon who can't wait to be an old curmudgeon, he was an inspiration.

From his annual cataloging of measuring how corporations are screwing you by shrinking their products, to his knee-slapping rant about the death of Kurt Cobain that left me punching the air in joy,  he leaves behind a body of work that will cast a long shadow.

Grump, poop, fellow atheist, you will be missed, friend.
You will...be missed.



2 comments:

Hyla Tracy II said...

AAA! At first I was all, WOOO! New post! Then, WOO-WOOO! Post about Andy Rooney! And then I paid more attentions. And now, I'm:

AAAWOOOOO-OOOOOO! (is anguish howl)

Now who shall accept the mantle of America's most beloved ol' bullshit-caller?

Frankus said...

I am sad he is gone.
I haven't watched 60 Minutes in a long time. I don't watch tv at all any more. I don't have cable and they cut off the free rabbit ears thing.
I'm sure Andy could give a good rant on that. But it won't happen now. :(

Blog Archive

Labels