Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!!! (2024)






How do you like the logo?
I got playing around with the maker, and that one gave me flashbacks to "Rude Dog and The Dweebs".
Does anyone remember Rude Dog even being a thing?
Probably not!

Anyway!

Now, the list...

-The 2020's are still sucking pretty fucking hard.
-Only saw The Marvels and The Flash at the theaters.
-Still bad family health shit. It just shuffles around to different people is all.
-Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas rolled around.
-One third of this country are Nazis who want an emperor, and the guy they want is a gameshow host and wrestling villain.
-Yeah, they still haven't managed to lock Trump up.
-Seriously, you or I would have been in jail in 5 seconds, but apparently when the person is rich, and used to be president, the judges get all confused, and "this is unprecedented! We don't know what to do!! We don't know what to do!! We have to be careful! Ohh!! *fainting couch*". Nixon would have been in a slammer if Ford didn't pardon him. Lock him the fuck up. It's not complicated at fucking all.
-Yeah, if Trump wins in November, and goes full dictator, everyone with my views will be killed. So that's fun.
-Fuck it. You suck, Trump. You're a failure, and no one ever loved you, and your stinky gross body is falling apart, and everyone laughs at you. Come and get me, you orange shit-gibbon.
-P.S. Rude Dog hates you too.
-Still working on my book. For all the good that does me.
-Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.
-Israel, Israel, Israel.

Come on, 2024.
Give us democracy still existing, and me not dead.
How about that?
Is even that asking too fucking much?
Is that really so much to ask?
Kee-rist.


4 comments:

B. D. said...

So they ARE bringing that Sentry character in, then? You said that meant "you'll know they're going dark."

I mean, I'm like 30 movies behind on that stuff, so whatever. But hey, I'm still paying attention!

David Fincher's new movie "The Killer" starring Michael Fassbender as a hitman is no great shakes. No big surprises in it whatsoever, just lots of encounters between Fassbender and whoever he's supposed to kill and they go pretty much as you'd expect. Some of his cinematography and whatnot is worth looking at but at this point I'm sad to say that Fincher's mediocrities outnumber his classics. Ditto for Michael Fassbender who has given lots of strong performances in movies I don't care for much, and I've lost track how many.

Go ahead and watch it if you want, but I don't know you're going to care for it much. Did you like "You Were Never Really Here"? I didn't.

Diacanu said...



Yeah, Steven Yeun from Walking Dead was supposed to play him, but he was either fired, or quit.

"Fight Club" finally grew on me, "Seven" grew on me.
I can't think of any of his other ones I like.
*Googles* oh shit! Duh! "The Game" "Zodiac" "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and "Gone Girl"!!
I guess I like David Fincher.
I used to say I hated him just to troll Josh Martin cuz he was so snooty about him.

"The Curious Case Of Benjamin button" um...bits of it I like, bits of it make me cringe...I can't quite decide if the cringe wins or not.
I don't hate it, but I'd never seek it out.
If a friend had it on TV, I wouldn't whine.


B. D. said...

I'd rate "Zodiac," "Fight Club," "Se7en" and "The Social Network" as the classics. "Zodiac" has now surpassed "No Country For Old Men" as my pick for the best film after 2000, though there's lots of alleged classics I still haven't seen.
"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and "Gone Girl" are okay, though a bit overlong and trashy.
I didn't get into "Panic Room" or "The Game," which had their moments but still seem weirdly minor for such an obsessive director (and it's been said that Fincher's obsessiveness rivals Kubrick on-set.) The latter got a Criterion, for some reason (it has a kick-ass cover, too.)
"Benjamin Button" had a few moments but I've never rewatched it and don't really care about it much.
"Mank" was a weird daddy-issues movie for him that you can pass on (it's about the guy who cowrote "Citizen Kane.")
Fincher hates "Alien3" to the point of not even talking about in interviews and has completely, DEATHLY disowned it, though I'll cop to it having a nice look and a few powerful moments, a decent "early 90s" feel. I probably would never purchase it though.

I really liked "The Social Network," as stated above, but I might want to put an asterisk next to that one.
Aaron Sorkin's penchant for dramatic license comes back to bite him in the ass every single time, you might have noticed, and it's a real annoyance with "The Social Network."
Jesse Eisenberg playing Zuckerberg as a fast-talking hyper-intellectual slightly-autistic con man might have worked back in 2010 when Zuckerberg hadn't done as many interviews, but since we've all had 14 years since to spend time with his presence, the performance, while well-acted, now looks miserably inaccurate--Zuckerberg in the flesh comes across like a fucking pod person if there ever was one.
So he basically won that battle, I guess (this is where the Bill Gates comparisons come in more than ever--everyone uses Zuckerberg's product, but nobody likes him at all, the classic American story, eh? Ford, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Microsoft...)

Diacanu said...


Not ignoring you. Just the usual analysis paralysis, then embarrassment at my analysis paralysis, and then finally having to fess up to "I have nothing to add to that thorough dissection".

Blog Archive

Labels