Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Christmas loot 2023: Part 3.


-Part 1.
-Part 2.
-Part 2.5

Said last time...

So, there, that's the shows out of the way.
Up next, "In Calabria".

Done! Took me awhile. Got delayed by some stuff.


In Calabria (2017)


Liked it. Didn't love it.
Kind of ranks among his weaker stories in his short story collections for me.
At 174 pages, it's a quickie.

It's....Last Unicorn meets "The Overneath".
If Anthony Bourdain were in the background narrating having sex with Italy.
Yeah, that's as best as I can describe it.

Said at Christmastime...

Anyway, this one's about a grumpy late-40's hermit, and I'm like "well, that's me. What advice do you have for me, Pete?".

If you can count "be born in Italy, and run into a unicorn" advice. 
Otherwise, fuck-all.

Mild-spoiler: the unicorn being chained to a tree, and surrounded by a fence on the cover?
Never happens.

Well, I've got it in my collection, and at least now I know.

That's the whole thing now.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels