Wednesday, July 26, 2023

RIP Sinead O'Connor


(Sent back in time from my future-self in August, cuz of all the analysis-paralysis bullshit I mentioned in the Alan Arkin one)


From my Facebook at the time....

Shit. I liked her. No cause of death. A lot of people couldn't handle her...neuro-divergence. 
I have loopier relatives, and I've got my issues, so nothing she did really bothered me. 
I'd take hanging out with her over someone like Marjorie Taylor fucking Greene any fucking day.

The people who were outraged by her, and thought she was a bad person, are the kind of people that derive thumb sucking comfort from some fucking evil status quos.

She was right about everything when it came to the Catholic Church.
They didn't wanna hear that shit.

At least those assholes had their political hangups as an excuse, the rest went after her for her hair and clothes like a bunch of girl-bullies in a high school locker room out of "Carrie".

No one I ever respected hated her.
Frank Sinatra said some shit when he was still breathing.
Fuck your ashes, you mafia prick.

Enough politics, she had a gorgeous set of pipes.

Her last thing she did was the updated theme song for Outlander season 7.

And the first thing I ever heard her do, even before "Nothing Compares 2 U" was "I Want Your Hands On Me" from closing credits of "A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master".
Yep, Rachel Talalay was a Sinead fangirl before she broke big, and finagled the single for the soundtrack.

No one remembers that.
They remember "Dream Warriors" by Dokken.
They remember "Why Was I Born?" by Iggy Pop.
They forget the Sinead track.
Go give it a spin.
It's nice.
Sexy, but you can dance to it.

Anyway, goodbye, Sinead.
You are missed.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels