Monday, December 27, 2021

My Christmas Loot: Part 10, Looty's Child!


A day late.
I got caught up with movie/TV marathon-ing, and I was waiting for an e-mail that never came.
Sorry, folks.

Anyway!
This was the all DC Christmas!
Well, almost, but definitely no Marvel.


The Suicide Squad (2021)


Well, as a James Gunn movie, not as good as either Guardians Of The Galaxy.
Definitely better than the first Suicide Squad though.
As a thing with (Margot Robbie) Harley Quinn in it, I think I actually like Birds Of Prey/Harley Quinn better.
It's fun, it's gory, it's raunchy, you'll have a good time.
It won't blow your mind, or change your life or nothin.


Justice League Dark (2017)


Old review here.

Yeah, I took a slow-ass time getting this one, but I finally caught up.
The sequel (see below) finally forced my hand.
Looks like we're never, ever, ever, ever getting the live-action DCEU remake from Guillermo Del Toro, or indeed anybody else.
This will just have to do, kiddies.


Justice League Dark: 
Apokolypse War (2020)


If Del Toro's JL:Dark, and Zack Snyder's Justice League 2 (See my review of Snyder's JL 1) had come out, it probably would have played out like this.

The big final battle with Justice League (original recipe), Justice League Dark, Teen Titans, and Suicide Squad, all against Darkseid.

Beloved characters die.
Survivors suffer trauma.
Everyone's under pressure.

Basically, DC's Infinity War/Endgame.

If you binge the duology, it's like no time passed.
There are other JL animated movies that puzzle-piece into this, but...I found I didn't need them.
And they're not that great.
IMHO.
This one's the best of the litter.

I'm gonna go ahead and head-canon that the JLD duology is the end of the Snyder-verse that we'll never get in live-action.


Batman vs.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 
(2019)


Old review here.

Another one I'm late catching up on.

Hey, I'm still adamant that if this crossover is possible, then let's do Turtles/Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters/Transformers.
Just sayin.


Clarice season 1 (2021)


Review here.

From that link...

Yeah, I'll be adding the blu-rays of this (one and only) season to my Hannibal-verse collection.
I mean, I've got "Red Dragon" and "Hannibal Rising" and this is easily better than those.

And...

"Clarice" will be missed, but will live on in my video file cabinet if not on the air.
But, who knows what the future holds?

Well, got it now, so done and done.


Saturn's Child (1995)


Another one from Margaret.
Another one towards my big reading spree review post.
That's coming, I promise.


The Creature Commandos (2000)


And, back to DC!
A vampire, a werewolf, a Frankenstein Monster, and a Gorgon (the thing that Medusa is) are enlisted to fight Nazis.
As good as it sounds.
A forgotten gem of the DC universe.
Another childhood memory I had to grab.


And then it was practical stuff, like 3 pairs of pajama pants, and a new computer mouse.

And the candy haul was thin.
1 bag of strawberry flavored Lindor Truffles, and 1 bag of knockoff Starbursts.
I've been a good boy all year, and lost 60 pounds.
A little candy splurge like that'll only make me fluctuate 3-4 pounds.
I'll get back on the horse and lose it again.
No biggie.

And...that's that!
See you next time for some post-Christmas shopping!
Then, birthday haul!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels