Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Birds Of Prey/Harley Quinn (2020)

Big 2020 Movies Part 1.

-OR-

Birds Of Prey: 
And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn.


Loved it.
I was enjoying myself continuously through the whole thing.
I was never bored.

I said after seeing the trailer that it feels like a cross between Deadpool, and Tank Girl.

After seeing the whole flick, I was right, but I'd also add in 5 spoonfuls of "The Warriors", and one spoonful of "9 To 5".

Is it the best DCEU so far?
No.
That goes to Wonder Woman.

Is it better than Suicide Squad?
Oh, Hell yes.

Is it as good as Deadpool?
Ehh, no.
It's not as good as Deadpool at being like Deadpool.
But the other ingredients I listed above balance it out.

If I had to give it a number rating, 7 out of 10.

There's an after-credits, but it's not the greatest thing ever, and you won't miss anything if you go pee.
I mean, it's cute, but it doesn't reveal the next movie or anything.
I'll spoil this much, it's Harley talking over the WB logo, you don't even see video.
And it's seconds long.
Again, it's cute, but if your bladder is busting, just go.

Margot Robbie and Ewan McGragor are the best actors of the bunch.
Every time either one of them is on the screen, you're having fun.

I wanted way more of Huntress.
We don't get much of her, but what we do get is great.

We don't actually get the Birds Of Prey until near the freakin' end.
So, yeah, it's Harley's movie, totally.

Put it this way, if you've kept up with all the other DC movies, there's no worthy excuse not to see this one.
*Cough* incels *cough*

I dunno why people aren't going to see it.
Some movie pundits are blaming it on the trailers.
It's hard for the trailers to do an R rated action-comedy justice.
They should have done a red band one for the internet.
Something!

Had the theater to myself.
I hate people, so I wasn't bothered.
Plus, I smuggled outside candy.
Hee hee!


Previously with the DCEU-

The retroactive DCEU.

Previously with movies-

All The Movies!! 2010-2019

Next time-

New Mutants!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels