Friday, November 13, 2020

Transformers/Ghostbusters 2!!


Yep, here we go again!


Ghostbusters:Afterlife Ectotron!

Coming January 2021.

Same as 2019 Ectotron, but car mode is aged, and rusty, and faded, and cracked like the Ecto-1 in "Ghostbusters: Afterlife".
Robot mode is equally weathered, and the face sculpt has the ecto-goggles pulled down, and his face shield over the mouth folded up.
And, he comes with a Slimer and Muncher mini-fig.

Well, I was wrong in picking the Transformer for the 35th anniversary of 1986.

I said last time for the Transformers/Back To The Future toy/comic...

Next year is the 35th for 1986, and looking at movies of that year, here are the options...

-Porkchop Express from "Big Trouble In Little China".
-Green Goblin truck from "Maximum Overdrive".
-A plane from "Top Gun".
-A drop ship from "Aliens".
-The silver seed ship from "Flight Of The Navigator".
-A telepod from "The Fly".

Me, I'm leaning towards telepod.
But, that's me, what do you think?

Nope, none of that.
It was Ectotron again.
Hmm...well, 1986 was the year of "Transformers The Movie", and "The Real Ghostbusters", so I guess that lines up.

*Looks up movies of 1987*
...y'know what?
I'm done trying to guess.
Surprise me, 2022.

Aaaanyway!
Corona/covid has fucked up the release of Afterlife, and lack of Afterlife has fucked up the GB IDW comics, but I think I can finally see where the Ghostbusters comics were going before the plague hit.

"Year One", was supposed to get us to Afterlife.
Afterlife would have been out on home video by now.
"Answer The Call", being on home video was about the time they announced "101: Everyone Answers The Call", so that's when both the Ectotron toy, and the comic that goes with it would have been announced, which is right now.

SO! Here's where I think the comic plays in.
"Ghosts Of Cybtertron", left off with Ectotron going out into space, and a hint like he'd return.
I think for both the sequel, and the link to Afterlife, Ectotron comes back 35 years later, and meets Phoebe and Trevor from Afterlife.

And THAT would have been the crossover point, rather than the direct dimensional/generational crossover "Everyone Answers The Call", was.

I think all this stuff will still come out, but 'rona has thrown it all out of whack.

Ehhh...I still think they could have filled up the missing time with something.
Like maybe a comic to go with that Ghostbusters My Little Pony.

So, there's that.
See you next time for...who knows what?


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels