Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Big Winter Movies Part 3. (Part 0).


Holy crap, that took us all the way back around, didn't it?
Yep, that's right, issue #6 came out, so it's time for....

Ghostbusters 101 (2017)
OR- 
Ghostbusters 101: Everyone Answers The Call.


..the big series review.

Previously with this franchise....

Answer The Call-

Happy 1st anniversary, Ghostbusters: Answer The Call!

Ghostbusters 101.

Now, here's the heavily spoiler-y issue reviews.

And here's other stuff that cropped up in that thread.

And now, for the review of the whole series as a movie (on paper).
  • Excellent!!
  • Oh, Hell yeah, it's totally Answer The Call 2.
  • Oh, Hell yeah, it retroactively makes ATC Ghostbsuters 3, so this is 3.5.
  • The writer and artist nails all the characters perfectly.
  • Holtzmann steals the comic the way she stole the movie last year.
  • Enhances my enjoyment of ATC the same as "Ghosts From Our Past", did.
  • If this were a movie, I think I'd like it better than ATC. But as it is, tied.
  • The casts go together like peanut butter and jelly, I wish this had been a movie.
  • I hesitate to think it should have been instead of ATC, cuz I personally like it better with the girls being established on their own first. Thankfully, we have comics to loophole around studio political and economic bullshit.
  • Can't wait for the ATC spinoff A.K.A. "What Dreams May Come".
  • I'll do issue reviews of that.
  • Less enthused about Ghostbusters/TMNT 2, but I'll follow along with it, cuz it's Ghostbusters.
  • I won't do issue reviews of that though. 
  • I don't know what I'm more excited for, the animated movie, or to see how IDW ties it into their multiverse. I think the latter. I wanna see the new ghost-hero meet Peter, Ray, and Holtz.

And, that's it.
GB:ATC2.
Or, GB:EATC.
It was good.
I'm happy.
If you didn't follow the issues, grab the graphic novel in December.

See you next time in the franchise for "What Dreams May Come", and then "untitled Ghostbusters animated film".


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels