Friday, May 31, 2019

Meedyah Morsels #79.


And our new Batman is.....



Robert Pattinson.


"Eeeew! The 'Twilight', guy?!?!?!".

Yep.
And once upon a time, Heath Ledger was "Eeeew, the 'Brokeback Mountain', guy", and Michael Keaton was "Eeeew, Mister Mom", and on, and on.

Fanboys seemingly have no learning curve.

Anyhoo...


Billdude said in comments...

And, in a hilarious coincidence...you didn't notice that the GOT guys are doing an SW movie? You probably did and just haven't blogged it yet.
Or that Robert Pattinson is Batman now? (Go watch "Good Time," he's a passable actor now actually...not that I ever watched "Twilight." Or at least he was good in "Good Time." Probably nobody could've saved "Maps To The Stars") 

...to which I replied...

Pattinson as Batman- I keep WANTING to blog it, but I can't get 100% confirmation.
Every time one source says to take it to the bank, another source says Nicholas Hoult is still in the running.
I'll drop it on the blog the second Hoult gets eliminated.
Barring getting hit by a meteor, or donkey-fucking pics coming out, it'll probably be Pattinson, but I wanna be sure, cuz I've been screwed by rumors before.
Like the time they said Bryan Cranston was gonna be Lex Luthor.

Well, I've got 100% confirmation finally.
Took another 11 goddamned days, but here we are.

Now, for the casting of Commissioner, Alfred, and the villains.

And to find out if this is Elsewords like "Joker", or is a prequel to Batfleck in the DCEU.

Personally, I'm hoping for prequel.
I like the DCEU, and want it fleshed out.
There's a lot of fun places to explore in there.

Anyway, as a fun flashback, here's when we found out about Batfleck.
And here's where he put on the suit.

Stay tuned for Bat-inson's suit test!


3 comments:

Billdude said...

Ledger got a lot of acclaim for BM...Pattinson is probably better now and I seriously think it has never mattered much who plays Batman.

Diacanu said...



The movie pundits on my Youtube shows say a bunch of his post-Twilight movies are really great.
I gotta get my homework in on that.
I've got a couple years to get around to it.
I've heard it "Cosmoloplis", is pretty much his Bruce Wayne audition.


B. D. said...

I didn't like "Cosmopolis," but would have had to watch it anyway not just because it's a Cronenberg film but because it's one of the few Don DeLillo books to get a film adaptation. However it's not much of a movie, Pattison's spoiled rich kid character venturing across town to get a haircut and his life gradually gets ruined along the way because he's a bastard. Lots of postmodern dialogue blabber in there too. Eghn, it's sort of sad when intellectuals bomb like that, I re-read the book and it's short but not really one of DeLillo's best (that'd be "Libra," his 1988 recreation of the Kennedy assassination.)

Pattinson was also in "Maps to The Stars," which I already told you sucked, although it wasn't Pattinson's fault.

The good Pattinson movie that I know of is "Good Time." He plays a criminal on the run trying to save his brother and he goes through a crazy night of NYC terror. You totally forget about his general image and who he is while watching it, so I'd say that's a sign that he's made it in terms of acting talent. It's not a mind blowing movie but it is decent enough for what it is.

Kristen Stewart has supposedly given some good non-"Twilight" performances too (in foreign films, no less) but I haven't seen them; I saw her play Joan Jett, but that movie was just okay. ("The Runaways" was stolen by Michael Shannon playing their manager, Kim Fowley, one of the most spectacularly reviled people in the history of popular music.)

Blog Archive

Labels