Monday, December 24, 2018

Big winter 2018 movies recap.







There they are, as usual, in order of goodness.

Previously....

And now the list...

1. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

A big surprise. I knew it was going to be good, and maybe even something special, but I think it goes behind "Infinity War", by > < this much.
Some critics are even putting it above "Infinity War", as the best comic book movie all year.
I'm not angry at anyone who thinks that. It's a coin flip.

2. Bumblebee

Sixth time's the charm for this franchise.
About damned time.

3. Aquaman

DC's turning it around.
Pretty fucking sweet.

4. Ghostbusters: Crossing Over (Part 1, Part 2)

I wish we had gotten this and 101 as movies.
I still think crypto-fascists messed up ATC at the box-office.

5. Creed II

If you love Rocky 4, you finally get a followup.
If you hate Rocky 4, it gets redeemed.
Win-win.

6. Venom

More fun than it had any right being.
Sign me up for part 2.

7. Elseworlds

A 3 hour infomercial for next year's super-duper-crossover.
Still pretty sweet though.

8. The Girl In The Spider's Web

Upon reflection, least good of the four Lisbeths, but even weak Lisbeth is still pretty fucking cool.

9. Halloween

Not a fanboy for this franchise, but it's movie history, so I had to be there.
Even as a non-fanboy, I was plenty entertained.
If you're ga-ga for this franchise, you'll be a happy camper.

10. Death House

Yeah....this just wasn't so good.
Big drop-off between 9 and 10.
Glad I saw it to satisfy curiosity though.


Another great goddamned year.

I dunno why I only foresaw Venom & Aquaman for winter, it ended up being a lot.
I have to look ahead better.

See you next in 2019 with Glass, and Captain Marvel.
Up very next, all of 2018 in review.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels