Saturday, November 24, 2018

Big 2018 Movies Part 15.


Three years later, it's finally...


Creed II (2018)


Franchise recap.

Let's get right to it.
  • Loved it!! Loved the shit out of it!!
  • As good if not a tinge better than Creed 1.
  • Creed 1 was a mix of the Rocky flavor, and the Ryan Coogler flavor, this one felt like all Rocky.
  • Tear-jerky spots all over the place like a classic Rocky movie.
  • Great final fight that doesn't go where you think it's gonna go.
  • Brigitte Nielsen!!! (kind of a spoiler, but come on, you were hoping for it so hard, you could 50-50 guess it)
  • Enough swerves that it's not predictable. Some of it is, some of it's not.
  • I felt great walking out of the theater, if you're a longtime fan of the franchise, you will too.
  • Sign me up for Creed 3!!
  • I've had fun with the winter movies so far, but none of them have really blown me away. This is the first one I'm really genuinely glad I saw.
  • For Creed 1, I said you don't have to have seen 1-6, but for this one you at LEAST should have seen Rocky 4. They play some clips of it, so you won't be lost, but your enjoyment will be vastly enhanced if you see 4. 
  • The theater has upgraded to recliners, and assigned seating. Nice! 

Run right out and see it!!


Next time, "Into The Spider-Verse", and "Aquaman".
Yeah, I know, I keep saying that.
Eventually, it'll be true.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels