Monday, November 12, 2018

Big 2018 Movies Part 14.

No "Immigrant Song", this time, Thor stole it.


The Girl In The Spider's Web (2018)


Previously-

The Millennium Trilogy.


Short version, I dug it.

The rundown-
  • I need to marathon them on disc to decide how it stacks up to the others, but it's a worthy continuation.
  • I mean, it's not like "omigawd! This is the best one yet!!", but it lives up to the trilogy.
  • Sadly, it's looking like the big kid's movies, and "Overlord", are gonna eat this one's lunch at the box-office. Frankly, I'm Nazi-ed out, and zombie-ed out. I'll catch "Overlord", on rental.
  • Claire Foy does a great Lisbeth. Noomi Rapace is still my favorite though.
  • Fede Álvarez does a good job. The tone of this one is somewhere between the other 4, and James Bond. 
  • One could nitpick their choice in villain, but...the first trilogy kinda closed the door on a lot of their options. I could talk about that more but it's spoiler-y. 
  • The trailers gave a lot away. But, you don't know how the pieces come together until you see the flick, so you're all right.
  • Lisbeth dominates this one, you don't get nearly as much Blomkvist.
  • If you liked the other three, or are one of those who only saw the American version of "Dragon Tattoo", I highly recommend it.
  • Sign me up for "The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye".
  • Traffic was a pain in the ass headed to the theater.
  • Traffic was relatively easy coming home, but I got stuck behind a whole line of slow moving grannies for awhile. 

So, that's all of that.
Go see it.

Stan Lee died just as I was heading out.
I'll do a post about that.


Next time, "Creed 2", then "Into The Spider-Verse", and "Aquaman".


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels