Monday, January 6, 2014

My Christmas Loot: Part 2, The Lootening.



So, as I said last time, in "Flicks I've Watched (Part 26)",...

Okay, my Christmas haul post is coming...someday....but like everyone else in America, all my shit still hasn't arrived from Amazon.

Plus, one of the DVDs I did get was scratched, so I gotta go to Bullmoose, and buy it again, and if I even bother, may as well do all my post-Chrismas shopping, so, the review will be a double duty Christmas/post-Christmas deal.

Well, my final movie finally rolled in, so, here we go....


Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection (2007)


See here, here, and here.

Contains "The Abominable Dr. Phibes", "Dr. Phibes Rises Again", "Theater Of Blood", "Madhouse", "Tales Of Terror", "Twice-Told Tales", and "Witchfinder General".
Also, there's some groovy documentaries.

Mentioned wanting this in my "Witchfinder General", review in the third link.

Well, now I've got it, and I'm so happy, I could pass out.
This made my whole Christmas, the rest is gravy.


Kick-Ass 2 (2013)


See here, and here.
And, of course, I just put the poster on my wall.

I love it the more I see it.
Already watched it three times.
Twice regular, once commentary.
I plan to watch it some more.
I dunno, this might be riiiight up there with "Super", for me.


Iron Man 3 (2013)


See here, and here.

Yeah, that's right, I pretty much turned my summer reviews, and a boiled down version of my Halloween updates (see Thanksgiving) into my Christmas list.


Man Of Steel (2013)


See here, and here.

Now, this one will go down in history as the prequel to Batman/Superman.

I'm gonna be watching this one some more too.
Another one I like more each time I see it.

Has a nice little documentary that essentially updates "Look, up in the sky", from where it left off .


The World's End (2013)


See here, and here.

Still haven't watched this.
Don't know why....

Ah, right, I want my mother to see it, she loves the other two.
She's hard to pin down though, so it keeps not happening.


Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)


See here, and here.

This is the one!
This is the one that made the goddamned delay.

Turned out, it wasn't even ordered.
Well, rectified, and it rolled into the mailbox today.
And despite warm weather, the mailman was two hours late.

*Mumbled curses, fist shake*

Flick is still good, DVD is bare bones, Blu-ray isn't much better, and Paramount are fuckenassholes.


Hannibal: Season 1 (2013)


See here, and here.

Only gotten an episode and a half into it.
Seen 'em all on TV, but, y'know, these are uncensored.
Plus, I'd rather watch Hannibal reruns forever than most anything else on TV right now.

Anyway, this also has the one they yanked off TV because of the Boston bombing.
Even though the subject matter had nothing at all to do with it.
Fucking NBC.
Grrr!


Hatchet III (2013)


See here, and here.

Trilogy complete!
Yep, turns out, it's actually the end.

Unless someone else wants to continue it, Adam Green is done with this story.
Well, if they make a four....it would take some really awesome guest stars to get me interested.


1408 (2007)


See here, and here.

Haven't watched the disk yet, bonuses are pretty minimal.


The Mist (2007)


See here.

One of the best Stephen King short stories of all time, and one of the best King movies of all time.
Best horror ending ever too.
IMHO.

Starring Tom Jane (Punisher!!!), and featuring Andrea, Carol, and Dale from "The Walking Dead", and with practical effects by Greg Nicotero, and directed by Frank Darabont, who developed TWD for TV.

So...in a weird way, it feels like a TWD prequel.

Has a nice little dedication documentary on Drew Struzan.


Slither (2006)


See here, and here.

Haven't dug into this yet, but it's brimming with bonuses, because James Gunn actually gives a shit, and doesn't rip you off.

The dingleberry who sent it to me sent the disk in a paper envelope, along with the jacket art.
Luckily, I have spare cases.

Really hope the damn thing plays, now that I think of it.


Pet Sematary (1989)


See here.

"Unearthed & Untold: The Path To Pet Sematary", is coming soon, so I had to have this to go with it.
I dunno, the documentary and commentary on this disk are pretty good.

"Never Sleep Again", and "Crystal Lake Memories", exist, because the official disks were plain vanilla.

I think "Creepshow", needs one.
That's got nothing, and it's a fuckin' classic.

Anyway, this is the one that was damaged, and I had to go take a Bullmoose run to replace it.

So, here's my post-Christmas Bullmoose trip....


Chronicle (2012)


See here, and here.

Haven't fired it up yet.
Disk is plain vanilla.


Existenz (1999)


See here, and here.

Ditto.


John Dies At The End (2012)


See here.

Haven't fired it up.
Plenty of bonuses for a change.

Amazing how many of these were plain vanilla.
Especially the new ones.
Sheesh.
I predict more independent documentaries to fix half of these.

I still need "Paul", "Memento", "Knightriders", "Manborg", "Father's Day", and "Firestarter".
Soon....soon....

Anyway, that's those.
The End.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels