Friday, January 17, 2014

Loot 2: The Lootenening (revisited).



There we go, finally watched everything.
Last year, it took me 'til fuggin' March!
Man, that Hulk marathon felt like it would never end.
For good and for bad.

So, here we go (again).


Vincent Price: MGM Scream Legends Collection (2007)


Excellent!
Just need to watch the Phibes-es again, but they're still fresh in my mind from Halloween.

"Witchfinder General", is FAR superior to the cut I saw at Halloween.
It's a fully restored director's cut, none of the grainy bullshit footage, smooth and crisp all the way through.
A gorgeous film.
And the only one in the set with a commentary and mini-doc.

The final disk of the set has three documentaries that could get the greenest film novice fully versed with Price's career.
I just can't gush about this set enough.


Kick-Ass 2 (2013)


I gotta watch this some more.


Iron Man 3 (2013)


I've seen this one again.
I gotta sit through the whole trilogy nonstop sometime.


Man Of Steel (2013)


Still gotta watch this one again.


The World's End (2013)


Finally showed it to Ma.
She loved it. Natch.

Then, I watched all the bonuses for myself.
Jam packed with goodies.
All the Cornettos are.
In fact, there's even a hand-holding Cornetto retrospective on there.

Gotta marathon the trilogy.


Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)


Still pissed about the plain vanilla release, and the commentary being on I-tunes.
What a filthy scam.
These corporations are really getting petty and sadistic.

Anyway, the flick is still great.
I mean, it ain't high art, but for rock-em sock-em Star Wars flavored action, and fun character beats, it's one of those flicks you could watch a million times on TBS, y'know?


Hannibal: Season 1 (2013)


Chewed through all of this in just a couple days.
Eagerly salivating for the next season.


Hatchet III (2013)


This is another trilogy I have to marathon out.
This is one where the sequels bleed together into one big movie.


1408 (2007)


Well, this was jarring, the damned thing had a whole other ending from the one I saw post-Halloween.
As to be expected, I'd have to upgrade to Blu-ray for all 4 endings.

Y'know, I'll pass.
The one I've got is good enough.

Would've liked a commentary though.


The Mist (2007)


As a contrast, this one was loaded up with extras.
It's all or nothing with the King flicks.
And why doesn't King himself ever do a commentary?
He writes long ass intros and afterwards to his books, it's not like he's unfamiliar with the concept.
Ain't like he ain't chatty about his own stuff.
*Shrug*


Slither (2006)


Gets better every time I see it.
Like I said last time, jam packed with extras.
I gotta marathon this with "Tromeo & Juliet", and "Super", sometime.
James Gunn is just fuckin' excellent!

Okay, except for "The Specials".
He stumbled there.
But otherwise, he's brilliant.


Pet Sematary (1989)


Eh, said it all last time.


Chronicle (2012)


Still miffed at the vanilla disk.
Flick is still good though.


Existenz (1999)


Another plain vanilla disk.
The last good Cronenberg flick.

Y'know, not only do I like this better than "The Matrix", I fucking like it better than "Inception".
There, it's said.
Deal with it, America.


John Dies At The End (2012)


Gotta play this back-to-back with "Bubba Ho-Tep".
And read the book, and the sequel "This Book Is Full Of spiders".


The Flash: The Complete Series (2006)


No bonuses, but good to see the shows again.

Tonally, this bridged the gap between "Batman", and "Batman: The Animated Series".
It was even scored by Shirley Walker.

Lot of cool guest stars.
Mark Hamill, Denise Crosby, Jeri Ryan, Richard Belzer, Tim Thomerson, Jason Bernard, Billy Mumy, Jeffrey Combs, Bryan Cranston, Jonathan Brandis, Lenny von Dohlen (Miles from "Electric Dreams"!!), and David Cassidy.
And those are just the ones I can remember.

Man, just imagine if they'd gotten their second season....
Stupid heads of CBS.
Tch...


Memento (2001)


Gets better every single fucking time I see it.

Just killed off all the bonuses today.
Sadly, the chronological cut isn't on this.
The Brits get it, we don't.
WTF?
Ah, well, I can live without it, it just would've been neat to see.


Knightriders (1981)


The commentaries of the Romero flicks kind of tell a little story.
And it's a sad one.
That being, the breakup of George's first marriage.

"Dawn Of The Dead", "Knightriders", his first wife is right there, gushing over him, still in love.
"Diary", and "Survival", of the dead pics, he's bragging about his new girlfriend.
Only a year and some change, two years, tops, apart on those.

What happened?
They seemed so happy.
It makes me sadder than the end of any sad movie.
Only "Wall-E", chokes me up more.
(:-(

Anyway....beautiful film, makes me happy, gotta watch it again.


Paul (2011)


This has an "A Christmas Story", quality to it.
I could watch it in a loop forever.

And man, does it ever make ELO's "all over the world", get stuck in your head.
But in a good way.
Damn, it's looping on me right now just talking about it.

Gotta toss this into my Cornetto marathon.

Hmm, I got more bang for my buck last Christmas.
10 whole extra flicks.
Tch, ah, well...

There, that's the end.
Up next, finally, En-Mike-lopedia Volume 3!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels