Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Location blogging #5.

All right, the rest of the mall, and some other goodies.
*Rubs hands*


Alrighty, last we left off....

...I had done this much of the mall before the camera sputtered out.


Leaving this last little bit to do.


So, here we go....

I walked up to the end, and started here...

And here I am...

This hair place is where MoonShadow Comics used to be.
Ah, it was excellent.
Loved it.
That's why they got rid of it.

The grand opening, they had Kevin Eastman of Ninja Turtles fame signing autographs.
I still got those autographed issues stowed away somewhere.

Blurry pan.
Entrance/exit, gumball machine, outer perimeter of FYE (for your entertainment)

More blurry panning, entrance of FYE....

This used to be a lot bigger, and was called Saturday Matinee, but they cut it in half, and shoved a Spencer's Gifts in the other half.
I liked it better when it was Saturday Matinee.
Had more, and had a cooler atmosphere.
Now it looks like a phone store with a laundry detergent logo like everywhere fucking else.

Peering in....

Yeah, see that back wall?
That wasn't there.

And all the ugly orange wasn't there, they had more of a black, green, and purple thing going on.
And they played better music.
...yeah, to the right is a cardboard standee of the fucking douche from Twilight.
Don't get me fucking started on that horseshit.

Across the way, Verizon and Lens Crafters.
Malls always have those.


Yankee Candle.
New England malls always have candles, and always have someplace with "yankee", in it.

Trade Secret...dunno WTF that is....
So...it's still a secret...

Hmm, WTF are those little cars?
Think they're kid strollers....


Peering down the FYE side....

Red arrow, Spencer Gifts.
Blue arrow, Game Stop.
In between....can't remember....

Spencer Gifts....
Eh, nothing negative to say about them.

Creeping up on the food court....

See in that case there?
Giant fuckin' cookies.
The size of pizzas.
*Drool, gurgle, gurgle*

Game Stop. On the left, the outer edge of Hot Topic.

Oh yeah, on the right, a GNC, I remember now.
A GNC with a big fat guy out front taking his break.
Fat guy at GNC, you gotta love that.

And there's the rest of Hot Topic.
Not a good shot, sorry.
Camera was clipped to my shirt pocket again, and my eyeballs totally got the shot, but I forgot my tit was taking the pic, and my tit didn't quite nail it.

Okay, anyway, here's my Hot Topic rant.
I got no problem with the spooky kids having their little scene.
On the other hand, when it becomes a bloodless corporate beast, whatever it is, it's time to move on.
Or, like South Park, burn down the fucking Hot Topic.
Course, real goths wouldn't even be caught dead in a mall.

Shit, I'm only here for the blogging.
Again, I hope you people appreciate what I'm putting myself through.

Oh, and also, I hold Hot Topic, and the mentality behind it, personally responsible for unleashing the Twilight shit upon our culture.
It's probably no mistake/accident that FYE has all the Twilight shit within a short walk away from Hot Topic.
*Sucks a hiss between bottom teeth, and shakes head*

Okay, heading into the food court area.
Across the way is this jewelers....

To my left, Ben & Jerry's.
Fight the temptation, fight it, fight it, fight it....

From the vantage of Ben & Jerry's, a sweep of the general food court area....

A sweep down the corridor....

And now, on the other side of the hall, where the jewelers was.
Look, more "in development", boxes.
Keerist.
They're never done building.

Okay, doing a sweep from that vantage....

Hmm, cute girl in the green shirt.
I was in such a "man on a mission", mode, I didn't even see her.
Tch....
Heh, she's looking at me like she senses something's fishy.
Yeah, babe, I'm scanning ya with my little tricorder.

Blurry pan of the inner food court.

More blurry panning....

...blurry panning ends at Amato's...
Yhep, same pizza/sandwich chain from Gorham.

Back around to Game Stop, & Hot topic....


Okay, enough of the food court.
Down the hall a bit.....

.....to here.

Okay, starting my pan around of this intersection.....

....from left to right.
Jayzus, another construction thingy.....

Turning right...


....a blurry Starbucks.

Turning right again....

...another fucking car.
And a peer down the hallway I just came from.

Clearer image of the car, and still turning right....

Escalators up to Sports Authority.
Y'know nothing with escalators in this mall is any good, so I've never seen the second floor.
Oh, also, another fucking car.

More of the car, with girls starting to walk into the frame.
One of them gave me a look like I was sexually molesting a lobster or something.


Okay, still turning right....
There's the Lindt chocolates place.
Mmm, mmm...
I went in after taking these pics, and got those cream and rasberry jelly filled ones I drooled about in the first South Portland one.
So, that mission is accomplished. ;)

Next to Lindt, where that woman is walking by, is one of those "Build A Bear", places.

Every mall seems to have one of those now.
They're a fucking empire.

Turning right again, Kay Jewelers.
Jeez, enough of the fucking jewelers.
There's a big one at the corner of Best Buy too.
How many rings do these shopaholic yuppie bitches need!?!?

Another turn right, and The Gap.
Every mall has the fucking Gap....

Blurry pan right....

Another blurry pan right....past Rick Ocasek slamming down a Starbucks....

...and finally, back full circle.

There used to be a big boat at this crossroads.
Gone now, ah well...

Okay, back at the map for reference....

Everything from there to there?

Crap.
Boring crap.
Just clothes.
Nothing funny.

So, there, done with the fuckin' mall.

The beast is slain.

So, let's go back outside....

Okay, around the back from Borders is my favorite seafood restaurant.
Weathervane.

(Click pic for full size)

*Heavenly chorus*
AUUUAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Their haddock fish & chips will make you weep.

Gotta do a blog from in there someday.

Okay, walked up to the edge of the road from the Borders parking lot for this pan....

There's a closer up shot of the mini-mall where Bookland used to be.

And right from there to there.....

...is exactly where Bookland was.
You can't exactly make it out, but along the top is a mural of a bookshelf someone painted, and the new people never paid to have it removed.

Okay, now panning my little tricorder to the left....

Fuggin' McDonalds....

Gas station.....

Oh yeah...look up there....

...a creepy castle-ey ritsy hotel up there on the hill.
Dunno how to even get up there, but I bet the way is forbidden.
They're too good for us shlubs up there, see?
Myah, myah, myah, see?
Myah!

Some more of down that street....

Coming back around to this parking lot....

Goddamn shrubberies everywhere....

There we go, nice scan of the whole South Portland area...
Take that all in....

Coming back around....

.....and bam, back to Macy's, where this whole trip started.

There, now see, these were all the fuckin' shots I wanted to squeeze in last time, but noooo....

Well, now for some extra.

Figured I'd finish off South Portland once and for all.

So, I walked down the other edge of the parking lot, and here's a shot of the Toys R Us I worked at ages ago.

Told that whole story here.

Wasn't quite a good enough shot, so I grabbed this one off of Google Maps....

And right about where that white truck is, is where I was parked when my fuckin' back window was smashed out.
Fuckin' place.
Fuckin' people.

Also swiped off Google Maps, here's the whole front facade of The Maine Mall roughly from the vantage if you were at Toys R Us.

(Click pic for full size)

Oh, and I didn't head back this way, but here's the Wal-Mart I worked at and hated.

On Google Maps, it's still open.
But, I'm happy to say,it's a husk now.
I piss on your husk, Wal-Mart.
I piss on it.
Psssssssssssss........

(Click pic for full size)

Ahhhhh......catharsis......

Anyway, heading back home this-a-way....

....I got this shot of the Staples out back...but, it came out shitty, cuz the camera loads up too slow, and the traffic light changed, and I had an asshole up my bumper honking....

...so, I cheated again, and got this off Google Maps...

Okay, this Staples used to be a rinky-dink cheesey grocery place called Heartland.

Heartland is actually where "the biggest bummy in the world", story took place.

The place was a dump.

Right when you walked in, there was the butcher counter.
And they didn't clean up enough, and it reeked of spoiled blood.

So, right when you walked in, you got hit in the face with blood stench.

And when I was little, if I couldn't hold my breath, and run past it before the smell hit, I puked.

So....that spot reminds me of blood and puke forever.

Hmm, wonder if the employees at Staples have blood and puke floating around in their minds.

Probably....

Heheheh...

Anyway, heading back I couldn't whip the camera out quick enough, but here's a couple spots I passed on the way, via Google Maps.....

Cinemagic theater....fucking awesome place....

(click pic for full size)

....and Smiling Hill Farm.
More of a spot for tourists and kids, but the ice cream is awesome.
Haven't been there in ages.
They're pretty damned pricey.

(click pic for full size)


There, that rustic and quaint enough for you city folk?
;)

And lastly, 1st Stop Variety store.

I nailed this with my camera this time.

This is just before you come up on the intersection of doom.

I dunno why it's special to me.
Pretty basic little convenience store.
Probably just because it's easy to get into, the people are nice, and it's literally at the crossroads of everywhere I gotta go.
Kinda like my base of operations.
Heh heh.

Well, there, this was a long one, huh?

Well, now I'm done.

Now sleep.

;)


1 comment:

Diacanu said...

Oh, and for the dull and the slow, no, I don't literally think anyone should burn down the frigging Hot Topic.

And, girl in green, "Rick Ocasek", or anyone else who floated through my view and got commented on, I mean you no ill will whatever, I'm not a creepy person.

Hell, I'm not even tearing you fine folks down, these are just virtual tours of my own particular memory lane.

Relax, folks.

Blog Archive

Labels