Friday, February 5, 2021

Isolation marathon (Part 7).


This one is pretty late.
Duologies!
And it's only half of what was on the list.
And....it's gonna be the last one.

I needed these marathons to keep sane in the early days of the pandemic, and to replace my theater going.

I don't need it now, I'm doing pretty good.
I've got a vision for my future now.

Anyway here's those, cuz I didn't watch those movies for nothin!


Shining duology- 
(The Shining (1980))
(Doctor Sleep (2019))















Original reviews.

Glorious!
Like bingeing a miniseries.
I wish I was watching them again right now.
These are gonna have high re-watch value for me.


IT duology-
(IT (2017))
(IT: Chapter Two (2019))















Original reviews.

Almost as fun a binge as the Shinings, but part 2 of these is a bigger drag factor.
Still good though.


Conan duology-
(Conan The Barbarian (1982))
(Conan The Destroyer (1984))
















Original reviews.

My assessment in those old reviews hasn't changed much.
First one, epic masterpiece; second one, huge step down, but the humor is good.

Sadly, this will always be a duology, we're never gonna see "King Conan".
It's a goddamned shame too.


Drago duology-
(Rocky IV (1985))
(Creed II (2018))
















Original reviews.

OMFG!!! This double-feature WORKS!! LIKE!!! GANGBUSTERS!!!!!!

Marathon these RIGHT!! FUCKING!! NOW!!!!

DOOOOO EEEEETT!!!


Bill & Ted Duology-
(Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989))
(Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991))











 




Original reviews.

I binged these to build up to "Face The Music".
Obviously, these aren't a duology anymore, they're a trilogy.
But, they were on the list long before "Face The Music" came out, I just took too fucking long getting to it.


Webb-Spidey duology-
(The Amazing Spider-Man (2012))
(The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014))
















Original reviews.

To finally fill in the missing bits after the Raimi trilogy.
Oh, and I caught Spidey 3 on Starz, so I'm all good there now.

Naturally, I also re-watched these, cuz MCU-Spidey 3 is gonna merge/cross the timelines, making these canon. 
Needed a refresher.
Yeah, I stand by that these feel more like 80's Spidey, while the Raimis are silver age.


MCU-Spidey duology-
(Spider-Man Homecoming (2017))
(Spider-Man Far From Home (2019))
















Original reviews.

Well, these are already MCU canon, but this time, I was looking for multiverse clues.
FFH dabbles the most in this.
But they're playing their cards pretty close.
Good to have 'em fresh in my mind for when Spidey 3 comes out, anyway.


Guardians duology-
(Guardians Of The Galaxy (2014))
(Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 (2017))






 









Original reviews.

No special continuity reasons, these are just fucking good.


West-Batman (animated) duology-
(Batman: Return Of The Caped Crusaders (2016))
(Batman vs Two-Face  (2017))














Original reviews.

I had more DC on the list, but my interest in this whole project waned as more important stuff demanded attention in my mind.

But, I'm glad I worked these in, these are fun.
And they picked me up off the floor in a particularly dark time.
So, hey, if you've still got some Trump and/or covid trauma, maybe Adam West can help.

These are technically a trilogy if you combine them with the live-action movie.
But, screw it, it's my list, so in they go.


And, that's those!
All done!


Previously with isolation marathon-

-Isolation marathon (Part 1). (ST: Fan Collectives, ST: Kelvin trilogy, The Keep)
-Isolation marathon (Part 2). (ST:TAS, ST:Movies 1-8)
-Isolation marathon (Part 3). (ST:INS, and misc Starz movies)
-Isolation marathon (Part 5). (80's horror/comedy)
-Isolation marathon (Part 6). (Superhero trilogies)
-Isolation marathon (Part 6.5) (Star Wars, Orphan Black, and misc)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels