Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Big 2019 Movies Part 9.


And now, phase 3 of the MCU, and the entire Infinity Saga culminates with...


Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)


Previously on MCU phase 3....
Previously on Sony-Spidey...

Short version, loved it.
Go see it.

Rundown-
  • Better than Homecoming.
  • Hard to compare live-action to animated....but I'd put it tied with Spider-Verse if not a little better.
  • I put Homecoming better than Spider-Man 2, a lot of people disagreed with me, I think even a lot of the SM2 hold-outs will agree this is the best Spider-Man.
  • Addresses the aftermath of Endgame beautifully.
  • Mysterio...y'know, I won't spoil it, you'll dig Mysterio.
  • Zendaya gets a lot more to do.
  • Tosses in some brilliant callbacks to Civil War and Iron Man-1 that'll make you go "oh, shit!! They planned this all along!!". 
  • Tom Holland Spider-Man kinda felt like its own alternate thing with him being so young, but by the end of this, we see him and his world start to become quite a bit more like the comic book and Sam Raimi Spider-Man we're used to.
  • Stay for mid and after credits. 
  • Ohhh...there's a couple juuuuiiicy spoilers I wish I could tell you!!! I'll do it in the spoiler review. 
  • Do I have to throw out all my Spidey-verse theories?? Kinda....and kinda not....It's subtler.

You got this far in, you may as well go see it.


Aaaaand.....yeah, that's it until "IT Chapter 2", all the way out in September!!

Time to compile summer, I guess!!


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels