Thursday, July 11, 2013

Superheroes 2.4 Spiderman (Part 1, addendum).



First, see here.

Well, I said there I was in no hurry to see it, and, given that was winter of last year, and this is summer of '13, I really didn't hurry.

I can't really say it better than I just did on Facebook, so, I'll just paste that.

Just finally saw "The Amazing Spider-Man". ...eh. 
*Wavey hand* 
Oh, sure, up against "The Avengers", and "The Dark Knight Rises", it gets creamed. 
But...as its own thing...eh. 
I didn't get the boiling hate Red Letter Media dished out on it. 
I mean, yeah, Sony are cynical assholes, but you can't take that out on the art. 
The Raimis are better, no doubt. The Raimis made you feel things, this didn't. 
It tried in spots, and failed. 
But...if I were a little kid, would this make me dippy about Spiderman? 
Yeah, sure, why not. 
It felt like an issue of the comics. It got it's basic job done. 
A pity they pissed away the first hour of the over 2 hour runtime rehashing the fucking origin though. 
Jayzus. 
I would not buy the DVD, but it didn't ruin my fucking life, or anger or bore me. 
Just...eh.

2 comments:

Paladin said...

This film was an odd experience for me. Someone asked me if it was better than the Raimi film and I said yes. But I added that the Raimi film was more fun. All-in-all, I thought it was a worthy reboot. One thing, though: (SPOILER ALERT) I wish that Captain Stacey survived. I thought he and Peter played well off one another.

Diacanu said...


Oh, it had great effects, the webbing was taken up another notch, the Lizard wasn't as bad as everyone said, Spidey was funny and cool, there was neat stuff in it.

It...just didn't have the heart the Raimis did.

And, the big drag factor on that, was, yeah, no chemistry in the love story.

Peter and Captain Stacy interacted better than Peter and Gwen.

They wanted me to be choked up over their breakup, and I felt nothing.

Ah, well.
They've planned out 5 of these damned things.
Garfield is Spidey for this generation, like it or not.

Blog Archive

Labels