Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh, and...

...apparently, the finale of Battlestar Galactica was this weekend. I didn't watch, as I hate the show, and knew from the outset that it would drop the ball, as all shows with a big "mystery", at their core always seem to do, but I've been catching up on reviews, and there's a big wave of disappointment.

Disappointment I gleefully anticipated.

Yes, I'm prone to schadenfreude, sue me.

Well, turns out the answers to all the big questions were "goddidit!!", and ludditism.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Swill.

Fuck you, Ron Moore. :)

Tolja so, BSG fans.
Ah, well.
Always the next pop culture abomination.

3 comments:

Philip said...

You are kidding me - I have watched most of that series, I got severely hacked off with all the godbotting the show seemed to crap all over the place, if anything I thought it showed how weak gods were in the face of humans. I thought the atheist bits showed how shite the godbotting crap was.

Sod it - so be it.

There is always House to save the day...

Diacanu said...

Sorry to pee on your parade, man, but God-bothering bio-roids fill me with more despair than the bleakest, goriest, zombie movie ever imagined.

I can't work it up for shows that philosophically gloom me into a coma.

And I'm one who found Watchmen uplifting, and Ambrose Bierce a jolly fellow. :P

Indeed, I'll stick with House.

And maybe Rescue Me if they climb out of the shark jumping of last season.

Philip said...

But to end a series on "goddidit" is just utter bollocks.

Big, hairy and sweaty bollocks.

I am completely with you, it does fill me with despair as well.

I loved The Watchmen too and found it oddly uplifting, I came out of that movie almost determined to become my own vigilante :)

What can I say, I love heavy metal for fucks sake, I find that uplifting music - some people even have the gall to call it depressing and scary - honestly, such behaviour!

:)

Blog Archive

Labels