Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Pounding!

Okay, this one has a fucked up pedigree.
BUT, boring story second, cartoon first.
Go read it, then come back, I'll wait...














Okay, I think the mountain guys came from an episode of "The Mighty Heroes", I saw when my age was in single digits.
Or something like them.
I don't fucking know.
It's all blended in my head that far back.
But, they got into my memory bank, and then, one night, I had a candy gorge induced dream about them, and I drew it the next day.
That original cartoon redrawn occupies panels 2-9 of page 1 of this one.
Anyway, years later, in my teens, I dig out all my old sketchbooks I kept, and skimmed through 'em for laughs.
I find the wizard hat guy getting squooshed by the mountain men, let out a roaring "what the fuck!?!", laugh, and it gets stuck in my memory banks again.
Then, months later, hard up for ideas, the wizard/mountain-men dream/cartoon pops back up, and I whimsically wonder "...I wonder what ever happened to that guy afterward??".

So, here that is.
Hmm..been about 15 years since this one, about time for another sequel....

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels